Wednesday, October 8, 2008

RESTORE THE LAND PROJECT UPDATE


Here's an update to our project, ALL IS WELL!!!!! Thank God!!!


This picture is a before shot of our back upstairs area after water damage some 15 years ago. From this mold developed which is dangerous and can create cancer of the lungs if not removed. It's gone!!!!!!!!!!!


After shot:
This is what it looks like now after removal of mold and reframing.


The hard part is over, demolishing. One of my biggest fears was during the demo process what they would find that could cost additional money. What they found was minor and didn't cost a dime extra, praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Building and Safety is giving me a hard time with the stage area because ADA regulations for the disabled. I wanted 2 additional steps for a choir stand but to do that requires a ramp and rails. So, I told the contractor to forget about the 2 steps to keep it simple and easy. I don't want any delays if I can help it. I'm ready to get back into the church.


There is still much work to be done but as of right now things are going pretty good and I can't complain. Keep us in prayer during your quiet time.


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely brother, you are in my prayers. I'm in Los Angeles, pretty close to you. If you need to use our baptism pool, or the church let me know.

    We had renovation work done the last couple of years. God was gracious to us by sending a group of college students from Texas that volunteered the labor.
    New stage, remodeled the learning center and research center, painted the entire outside of the church and got us started with a pantry across the street. They are coming back at the end of this month to scout more work for Spring 2009. All we pay for is material and we donate to their ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding Clinton! I am really praying for you guys hard that God will keep making progress in your work.

    Please pray for us, I am meeting in the morning with our Architect to finalize what we can have in our new building based on the measurements.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  3. CLINT BE ENCOURAGED AND STAY ON THE WALL IT WORTH THE WALK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Mr. CLINTON SMITH

    I have just read some of your writings. I liked the simplicity of the narration.

    If you are interested in reading short stories and other writings by an Indian author, do visit my blogs.

    Naval Langa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in continued prayer that the project goes according to plans. It is my hope that it will be what you and the congreagation desire for it to be in the life of your church. I know your will take full advantage of using it for the Glory and Honor of God.

    Thanks for the update and photos.
    Pace yourself and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always remember 'before' but thank God for 'after.' Great job watchman!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing a great work Revun! Don't come down!!

    ReplyDelete