Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm Desperate!!!

I had a conversation with a friend of mine today which I believe was God ordained. My original call was to ask if his wife (a gospel artist) would be available for our church dedication serivce in January. I shared with him our construction project and how well everything was going. He, himself, just completed a rather large renovation project converting a liquor store they purchased years ago into their main sanctuary.

He expressed how the current economic situation has affected his church's financial stability and that he's struggling to meet budget to function. Then he expressed to me, "I'm desperate!" At that point, I could not hang up the phone too quick. I heard the desperation in his voice and kept talking to him (or rather let him talk to me).

Over the course of our 1 hour conversation, he then encouraged himself (and me) when he said; "It's during this time that I'm learning to trust God more." Our conversation moved from a conversation of desparation to a conversation of delight.

It is during times of crisis that God wants you to trust Him more. This is the time trust God and not become desperate.

Brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that testing of your faith works into patience. But let patience have it's perfect that you will be complete lacking nothing. - James 1:2-3

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the food for thought. I was told that a faith that was not tested could not be trusted.

    Pastors such as you and your friend are diamonds in the rough.

    However, when God finishes what He began in you, you will shine as pure gold. Be Encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing my bro, I have most certainly experienced those times when it felt like there was no hope and the Lord worked it out at just the right time and not a moment sooner.

    Great passage to reflect on for the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart Clinton. You helped a desperate Pastor like me, trying to press on through the struggles of a relocation project. God be praised for your spirit.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proverbs 14:29 (NIV)

    A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank you for this post as I too am desperate because of similar issues. Thanks for the exhortation to trust God completely!

    I read the Win-Win post and I thoroughly enjoyed it and was helped by it. God Bless you my brother!

    ReplyDelete