Thursday, October 16, 2008

RESTORE THE LAND PROJECT UPDATE-WK5

All is well with our project. Week 5 progress are as follows:
  • Painting started

  • HAVC equipment installation

  • Roof repair

  • Outdated Electrical panel removed

  • Kitchen demolition/reframing

  • Windows installation
Electrical panel is now gone! This panel has been in the building since the building was contructed some 75 years ago. I also discovered that one of our neighbors across the alley from us was using our power for their house. For the life of our leaders, and myself, we could not understand why our bill was so expensive for years. We concluded that it had to be do to all of the electrical malfunctions we were experiencing. Well, I know why now! Geeeeeeeeesh!

No matter how frustrated I become with this particular incident the good news is THEY CAN'T DO IT AGAIN! All illegal wiring is now gone and new wiring system is going under ground and meter box will be locked as well as fenced in on our property.

We met last night for bible study but did not have any power in the building with the main power source being taken out. So, I waited for everybody to show up. We read scripture and prayed on the parking lot before it got dark and went home.

I'm looking forward to this weekend of worship. We will continue our series on The Importance of Supporting the Local Church and we worship with our friend and brother Pastor Reginald Payne for his 15th Pastoral Anniversary. I think I'm preaching in this service. Keep us in your prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like your neighbors were not connected to the right power! I am glad that you got that taken care of.

    I am impressed with the work that is taking place. Keep up the good work, revun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clinton, I can smell the rain! Progress is coming to Southern California! I am happy for you that things are going well. Keep pressing my friend.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR NEIGHBORS!! My jaw dropped on that one. My husband wants to know "are they in jail yet"? I'm glad they were discovered.

    I am happy about the renovations. Thanks for the update and photo. Will continue in prayer for the church. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't put any one in jail yet but I want to? Instead, I'm going to report them to Edison and let them deal with it with a $ FINE! I'm still....well you know.

    ReplyDelete