Thursday, October 2, 2008

New Sermon Series

I'm preparing to start a new sermon series this coming Sunday entitled "The Importance of Supporting the Local Church". These messages are purposeful in challenging the member of FGMBC to step it up in their support efforts.

I'm struggling with the opening message because of the many thoughts I have in my head and so I'm trying to formulate how I should approach this opening message. The opening message will not be my typical attempt at expository preaching. Instead, it will be topical using various verses to explain why this sermon series is an important study for us as a church. Right now, it's been formulated into 3 parts and in my opinion that's too long. So, I'm trying to condense it so I can get to Supporting the Local Church:

With Your Love - 1 John 4:7-11
With Your Prayers - Colossians 4:2
With Your Gifts/Talents - Romans 12:3-8
With Your Stewardship - Genesis 2:15
With Your Worship - Nehemiah 9:8
With Your Service - 1 Peter 4:10-11
With Your Hospitality - 1 Peter 4:9

I'm excited about the series but I'm going to have to work hard through this one but working hard with messages like this makes a great preacher.

Please keep me in prayer during your prayer time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Clinton, this is a much needed series for all of our churches to hear, especially those of us who are endeavoring to bring God's people to changes that they are not accustomed to. I pray for your strength and understanding to stand with conviction to tell His people what He wants them to know.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting series, I will look back for future updates.

    God bless,

    DeAntwan

    ReplyDelete