Friday, October 31, 2008

Pastor's 6th Anniversary

This weekend would have started our celebration of leadership for 6 years at First Goodwill

Church. However, I canceled services this year so we could focus on our renovation project. Our celebration line-up would have been as follows:

Sunday, November 2nd,2008

  • Bishop Richard Sanders of Mt Pilgrim Baptist, Compton, Ca
  • Pastor Micheal Albert of Mt Aaron Christian Church of Los Angeles
  • Pastor H.B Charles of Mt Sinai Church of Los Angeles
  • Pastor Keith Green of Living Gospel Church of Los Angeles

Sunday, November 9th, 2008

Pastor Barry Wilson of New Life Christian Church of Los Angeles

Pastor Reginald Payne of Full Gospel Church, Los Angeles, Ca

Pastor Daryl K Labat of Greater Metropolitan Church of Los Angeles, Ca

Pastor Eric Woodsom of 2nd Mt Carmel Church of Los Angeles, Ca

Last year we combined both services. But I missed the fellowship that both weekends offered so I would have done two services this year. Of course financially this hits my familie's pocket but I'm trusting God to honor this step of faith that Tracy and I took this year.

It's amazing that when I mentioned that I wanted to cancel the anniversary celebration this year to give our attention to the project that no one in my congregation said anything about continuing with the services. My friend and brother, Barry Wilson has been on me about it every time we talk. But, I feel this is something I have to do to show my congregation that stepping out on faith has to cost you something sometimes. This leap of faith has cost me big!

However let's be honest here, my spirit stepped out on faith but my flesh wants to feel appreciated (If that makes any sense).

But, THANK GOD FOR HIS WORD! The enemy really tried to work my mental state about this but I started fighting with the Word of God with one of my life passages from the unknown writer of Hebrews; "God is not unjust to forget your labor of love that you've shown to the brothers and sisters of FGMBC (paraphased)".

I know what I've done was the right thing to do and I'm looking forward to the fruit that will come to pass. So, like the lyrics of Donald Lawrence's song says I've had to "ENCOURAGE MYSELF" in many ways this year!

There are many others who in simple ways you engouraged me over these past fews months and I want to say THANK YOU! I don't want to call out names because I may forget someone and we all know how that goes. Again, THANK YOU!

Until next time, "My the Lord watch between me and thee while we're absent one from another".

9 comments:

  1. That is the mark of a good leader, doing whats right even when it's not easy.

    Congradulations my brother, your later will be even grater then your now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man C,I understand why you canceled now.I guess i just miss the fellowship of us all getting together and fellowshipping for a good cause(not a funeral).I will be praying for and with you and your family.you know I am just a phone call away.

    BAW,sr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clinton, let me express to you that you are indeed a leader of men to forsake something that many of us look forward to every year, for the betterment of the people God placed over you. Be assured that God will honor this act of faithfulness so that your blessings will far outnumber what you would have gotten in your anniversary.

    It is clear that you were one of the brethren that God put on my heart today to post my own blog about encouraging yourself. Stay up my friend, your breakthrough is on the way.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brother, congratulations on six years at the helm. We would have loved to celebrate with you guys this year, but I think you are making a wise move. Celebrations come and go, but renovations don't always happen. And in reference to the comment you made about the finances, remember brother to "Take no thought of what you shall eat, or wear, cause you father knows what you have need of." And he will surely supply all of your needs, according to HIS riches(and boy you know God has some loooong money) in glory. Be Blessed Bishop & Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!!

    GOD will honor your obedience.



    GOD Bless~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Smith and know that God honors sacrifice remember God is not unjust
    For God is not so unjust as to overlook your work and the love that you showed for his sake in serving the saints, as you still do. Heb 6:10 keep up the good work brother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary Pastor! I too pray that God will give you double for your trouble. Maybe your pastor friends can still bless you with what they were going to bring. Be Encouraged my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Pastor Smith, on six years of service. God is using you Pastor and I am not the only one who sees it. He sees it too. Again congratulations.

    NJB 1 Corinthians 15:58 So, my dear brothers, keep firm and immovable, always abounding in energy for the Lord's work, being sure that in the Lord none of your labours is wasted.

    May God continue to sustain you, your family and your congregation for many more years to come.

    Six years?
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pastor Smith I just want you to know that you are truly appreciated. I love you and I see the time and labor that you give to your family and church family.

    I may not say it often but I love you and appreciate you. The Lord sees your work and will reward you. Remember... He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.. Eph 3:20.

    Keep working and trusting. He has kept us through 16 years of marriage (an awesome task if I do say so myself!), 6 years as Pastor and People, and will continue to bless us if we do not lose heart.

    I love you! Tbaby (smile!)

    ReplyDelete