Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We Can Do It Better Together

Labor day was very restful for me after a long good Sunday. We spent the day at Dockwieler Beach eating sandwiches, chips, and fruits. It was very good!

Sunday morning worship was outstanding! The 5th Sundays are dedicated to our "WE (Women Empowered) Ministry". The women of our church led devotion and my wife Tracy spoke on their theme in Romans 12:2; "A Mind Is a Terrible Thing To Waste. She did an outstanding job.

The sermon for Sunday came from Matthew 18:19-20: "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midsts of them".

Topic: "We Can Do It Better Together"

Word of Importance: UNITY

Context: Verses 15-18 teaches us how to deal with a sinning brother. Verses 19-20 encourages maintained unity in the church through togetherness.

Thesis: Christian living will be so much better when we come together.

I. We Can Do Better Together Through PRAYER - v. 19a

Point: Unity is maintained with believing prayer.

- Prayer must be a priority: "Again I say to you..."
- Prayer must be unified: "...that if two of you agree on earth..."
- Prayer must have a common goal: "...concerning anything that they ask."

II. We can Better Together With His PROMISES - v. 19b

Point: If we pray, God will move!

- God's promises are guaranteed: "...it will be done for them..."
- God is the source of our promises: "by My Father in heaven"

III. We can do it better together in His Presence - v. 20

Point: God dwells in unity!

- The Authority of God Is Present: "For where two or three are gathered together in My Name".
- The Assurance of God Is Present: "I am in the midst"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon was our women's ministry 5th Sunday service. The Lord moved in the service tremendously. My Auntie gave words of encouragement to our women and dear friend of the family, Dorothy Love, spoke to the women of our church. God used both of these women in great way. As I was sitting in the service, God placed it on my heart to close the service in a mini-prayer service before going home. Boy! That led to shouting moments. Overall, the day was great!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week is going to be extremely busy for me. We sign loan documents this week. We're clearing the church this week to get ready for construction. We're setting the parking lot up for our Praising in the Sun services. Sermon preparation required. It is my goal to finish our sermon series that seems to have a pattern of every other week for the preaching moment. I have to work. My son has his first high school football game and they, Aysia and Myles, start school. I need to cut my sons hair. And list goes on and on.

As the elders would say during testimony periods, "Pray my strength in the Lord!"

1 comment:

  1. LOL...you got it my friend. Good to see that your worship was outstanding and I really know the blessing and benefit of the fruitfulness of having your wife be an intricate part of your ministry, as my wife serves as our church's Christian Ed. Director. Be blessed and I will be praying for your week.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete