Friday, September 5, 2008

Decisions To Be Made

I've been instructed to start thinking of stage designs for our church sanctuary. One idea is a circle stage but I don't think this will work only because of the building structure of church as well as certain building codes that limits our ability to puul this one off.




The other idea is an octagon stage. The image seen here is what I'm leaning towards. It suits our building structure perfectly and allows us to meet all building and safety codes. And it provides additional seating space for growth. I want to create additional seating capacity during this project for the numeric growth that will come.


The other stage idea is a square stage but this is too basic. I want something that provides flexibility and a more contemporary appearance for all activities while ministering to all ages at the same time. I must consider the band pit of which we have a 12 pc drum set, 3 pianos, and a B3 organ. I also have to consider a choir stand that I would rather have as portable for flexibility and yet have the traditional scene of choir stand. I think it will work either way because we're purchasing individual chairs and making a portable banister to hide women's legs when wearing dresses in the choir.

Stage will be made of cement rather than wood. The reason is because I don't want the extra sound from feet tapping and kids dancing during worship services. Also, by cementing the stage I will be recording ready because it provides additional acoustics and eliminates any potential echoing sounds when in production for television, CD, and/or DVD. This is my theory from my musical background but the sound engineer will make the call when we meet next week.

In any case, the architect is designing all three stage designs for me to review by the end of next week. We have to select paint, carpet, and tile. Paint and carpet is being selected based on the fabric of our chairs. I don't want the church to be just one color throughout. I prefer having a base color and accent colors that will compliment base color (Ok, I saw an episode of HGTV with my wife Tracy, once, maybe twice) =).

We're selecting new doors, windows, and kitchen set up. Again, decisions decisions decisions!

Tomorrow, we meet at 9 am to finish church cleaning, I have to get ready to preach Sunday morning, and I have to work this Saturday for at least 6 hours (3am - 9 am, we meet at 9 am at the church).

A lot to do in a short period of time. Please, please, Pray my strength in the Lord.

3 comments:

  1. Clinton, I like the octagon one myself...where did you get these pictures from?

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found pictures surfing the internet. The circle stage sample is West Angeles COGIC and the other picture came from an audio designer consultant. Go on google and enter church sanctuary stage designs. Have fun because millions of samples will come up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud the leap of faith you are taking and pray much for your success.

    ReplyDelete