Thursday, September 25, 2008

RESTORE THE LAND PROJECT UPDATE

This is an update to let you know how things are going with our project. All is well! Here are a few pictures:












This is the pulpit I'm going to go with because it's in our budget. Also, I'm under the conviction that the pulpit doesn't produce a preacher, the preacher produces a good pulpit. Hope it make sense.

Additional news, we're considering purchasing a van from my home church. It's been well kept. We will invest about another $1500 in it for paint, lettering, and detail. I'm meeting with leaders on next week to discuss this purchase before any other buyers some forth.

Keep praying for us, it's working!


This Sunday our church is having combined service with the spanish church. It works well because the pastor can't speak spanish (weird) so they'll be able to understand everything he says. And he's a good preacher. Next week our services will begin at 8:30 am until construction is completed. This will be a challenge for me to have my work done ahead of time. In general, I use good portion of Sunday mornings to complete my work and set as much as I can to memory.


While this weekend is a weekend for Tracy and I to hang out, I'll be doing some reading in the process to get a head start on my new sermon series: "The Importance of Supporting Your Church".



Hey, did you get the book download? If not, get it! It will help you.

Until next time keep smiling!

2 comments:

  1. I thank God for continued progress on your project. I hope you will be satisfied and happy with the pulpit you have chosen. I am sure it will be a nice touch to the church decor.

    Please pray for one of our State Convention Pastors who WAS halfway through with erecting a new church facility at a new location. Unfortunately huge amount of damage was done to the building project AND their present church building due to hurricane Ike. He is among several Pastors in the area with damage. We are planning a fund raiser on this end of Texas. Please pray for that effort as well.

    I will continue in prayer that all goes well for the First Goodwill Church. Thank you.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. We praise God for the progress and I am watching the Lord blessing you big so that I will know that I am next in line for our miracle. I get excited every time I see updates from L.A.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete