Thursday, July 31, 2008

Revival Day 1

Last night was the first night of our revival, wow. The attendance was great and atmosphere superb for worship. Last night was Ladies Night and both speakers, Rose Neale and Dr. Susie Jones, ministered to the women in attendance both young and old. They did a good job challenging the young women to live a life of purity and they held back no punches. I think I need to be clear about something here, I believe in male headship. However, I don't have a problem with women ministering to women as Titus 2:3-5 instructs even in a worship service.

Before the service, I gave opening greetings and our vision for renovation. All in attendance were excited for our church and expressed how they can't wait for completion. A few years ago, I made our church available to many of LA's gospel artist and pastors for worship services with no set donation amount. Fortunately, God has blessed us financial in many ways by being free with what He gave us to be a blessing to others, praise God!


G.L.A.C.C (Greater Los Angeles Cathedral Choir) has become one of my favorite choirs and we're developing a good relationship. They ministered to my heart last night singing, "He's Able". That was right for our church with us entering into this step of faith. Last year in October they participated in a fundraising concert at our church but the attendance was terrible and they still ministered as if it was a full house. I love them for that. They're CD is awesome! I went to their CD release party and boy did we have church. Great group of young adults.
We didn't get out of church until 10 pm but no one was watching the time except for me, of course. My day starts at 4 am every morning 7 days week, therefore, sleep is a luxury for me.
We continue tonight and my prayer is that God will continue to send a revival and let it begin with me.
A church down the street from us, Living Gospel, is having their fellowship of churches this week and each uses our parking lot. They starting using our parking structure about 3 years ago and from that we've develop a genuine fellowship. I usually attend one of the nights but cannot this week because of our revival. Some of the members were a little disappointment because last year I preached one night and thought I would be preaching again this year. That was cool.
Please keep our week of revival in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment