Sunday, July 20, 2008

He's a Teenager Now!

My Son, Myles turned 14 years old this week and asked if he could have a party! My wife and I said yes until we realized he wanted a party starting at 8 pm until 12 am on Saturday night. The problem is I'm usually sleep by 9:30 pm period no matter what the day of the week maybe and I use evens as my time to prepare for Sunday morning service. With apprehension, I consented and the planning began.

I sat on my couch in the family room and watch these teenagers party. Soooooooooo funny! They ate, played football, talked loud, and did their teenage flirt thing by chasing the girls in the backyard. My grandson at 2 years old did more dancing than they did before crashing on the couch.

As I watched, my mind went back to my teenage years and all I could say is thank God, I made it. I'm watching my children grow up by before my eyes, amazing. It won't be long before they'll be off to college.

Please pray for my teenagers, Aysia and Myles, that they will not fall under the pressure of the world. I'm glad they're saved and did not act in a manner that would bring shame on God. If anything, they held things down and told their friends what was appropriate and not at our house. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment