Wednesday, July 30, 2008

DID YOU FEEL THAT?

Yesterday, I went to El Pollo Loco for lunch and when we got there a man was standing at the door with panic in his voice: "Did you feel that?" I'm looking at him with a puzzled face; "Feel, what?" "The earthquake!" He shouts. At that point the earth was moving in a wavey like motion and sure enough it was a 5.4 earthquake. For the next few moments the man was standing guard at the door and explains we should go into the middle of the parking lot so we don't get hurt by aftershocks. My response; "You go to the middle of the parking lot but I'm going into El Pollo Loco to get something to eat. If die today at least I'll go to heaven with a full stomach". That response broke the tension and I dined deliciously.

We did experience an earthquake but it wasn't that bad. In addition, I don't believe anyone has ever felt an earthquake like Paul and Silas in Acts 16.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like El Pollo Loco is a great distraction during or following an earthquake. Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete