Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Details! Details! Details!

We're gathering all the necessary information to acquire our loan and we're starting to work out the details during the renovating process. We're gutting our sanctuary down to nothing so we have to start planning worship sites for our Sunday morning worship and Wednesday night (Walking Through the Word Bible Study). We have a small building on our lot that we rent to an Hispanic church and will more than likely combine our worship services together. We will have service on the parking lot. Our current sound system is outdated but can be used for services outside. And, I have an idea to expose our church to other Sunday morning worship styles. So, I'm thinking of taken our entire church 1 Sunday out of the month (in September, October, and Novemeber) to my home church Mt. Sinai - Pastor HB Charles, Full Gospel - Pastor Reginald Payne, and Mt Pilgrim - Pastor Richard Sanders. I admire all three of these guys and their worship services. The good thing about it is none of the worship styles are the same.

Other details to be worked out:

- Storage space for organ, drums, piano (3), office furniture, etc.
- Contractor negotiations
- Setup of our churches non-profit status
- Setup of our CDC/EDC non-profit organizations through The Good Life Community Center
- Stage Design
- Sound System Requirements (We're designing our sanctuary to be recording/theatre production ready)
- Sanctuary Color Scheme
- Sanctuary Lighting
- Sign Change

When construction is completed, it is my goal to bring to town one of my favorite preachers, Pastor E. Dewey Smith of Greater Travelers Rest Baptist Church for a three (3) night revival (Wed, Thurs, and Fri) in late January and that Sunday have my pastor HB Charles preach our sanctuary dedication service. On Saturday (or even possibly on a Monday), a friend and I are planning to have an old fashion quartet concert with some of gospels greatest groups. Not sure who yet, need to check budget first.

This is about all I can think of now but I'm sure the list will grow within the next month or so. Please keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Clinton, that is a wonderful idea in which I am sure that your congregation will be blessed for it. I would love to be there for your dedication week. E. Dewey Smith is great and HB Charles is the best.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete