Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 9/27/09

Thank God for rest!

This weekend Tracy and I took a much needed break from everybody and everything in San Diego, Ca. We made it to San Diego in one hour and 30 minutes. Normal travel time is about 2.5 hours but I broke every speed law possible. I was on a mission from God…lol

We had good time relaxing and resting. I wish I could say I’m at 100% operating capacity but I would be lying. While I may not at 100%, I’m not at 25% operating capacity so I thank God for making me lie down in green pastures.

Pastor Robert Calvary of Praise Chapel Church preached in my place Sunday and from all reports the members were blessed. Thank you, Pastor Calvary for your ministry service on Sunday.

We got home Sunday afternoon in time for me to go play in my first softball game. We won and it was fun even if we would have loss.

Yesterday, I rested for the most part after doing lawn work at the house. My yard was a mess but looks good now. I cooked dinner for the family. Our menu: Jambalaya, French bread with garlic butter, tomato and cucumber salad with balsamic vinegarette dressing, and brownies for desert.

I ate and watched my Dallas Cowboys play. I’m glad we won but I’m still worried about how the season is going to end for them.

Over the weekend, I started reading a book God-Size Your Church – Beyond Growth for growth Sake by John Jackson. I’m being challenged and helped reading this book. When I’m done I plan on writing a brief review and how I believe it will help the ministry of First Goodwill.

That’s it, that’s all, stay blessed until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Tax CA It is specially designed to improve the knowledge of accounting standards. The CA final course covers the advanced knowledge of financial reporting, management accounting, strategic financial management, professional ethics, information systems control and advanced auditing.

    ReplyDelete