Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Birthday!

Today is bitter/sweet for me. I thank God for allowing me to see 42 years here on earth. However, yesterday ended on a sour note which in turn has placed somewhat of a damper on this day. I was laid off from work right after lunch yesterday (at least I went home on a full stomach) and to be honest I didn’t see it coming. I thought everything was good, I made past a dozen layoffs already and who would have thought I would be a part of this economic disaster.

I’ve worked for Monogram Aerospace Fasteners for seven (7) years. It was a good experience, I met cool people, I made a spiritual impact (I believe), and liked what I was doing. I was comfortable! I teach that sometimes God will interrupt our comfort zones to move us to test our faith move us to the next level.

It’s ironic that I would loose my job in my seventh year as an employee when the church and I will celebrate 7 years of ministry partnership between pastor and people. One ends but the other continues. I really don’t know what to make of it right now and this is not how I wanted to spend my birthday. Stressing about bills being due and I don’t know where the money is coming from. But, I won’t complain (even though really want to)

To my co-workers, thank you for your friendship and I pray that God will continue to bless you richly! I’m so glad we had this time together just to laugh and maybe sing a song. But before you know it it’s time to show it, now it’s time to say so long! Peace and blessing!

What next, Clint?

When Tracy and I talked last night about it, she said: “Clint, would you have left your job any other way?” My response, “Probably not.” She says: “Now, its time for you to focus on the ministry of prayer and the word to grow the church. God’s got everything else”. I’ve been praying for God to open up doors for me to be in full-time but not this kind of a door.

We never know what doors God opens for us to walk through and many times it’s not our choosing. It’s only ours to walk through them.

I will be totally honest with you, I’m scarred to death (not literally). But when I look back over my life all I ever did was step out on faith and my testimony is I’m still here by the grace of God. God didn’t leave me then and He won’t leave me now.

Look out church, pastor has time for prayer and study.

Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches. – Galatians 6:6

2 comments:

  1. Pastor Clint, I read your blog from time to time and used to attend Mt. Sinai w/ you and your family. Happy B-day! I'm sorry to hear about the job I know first hand how being out of work (laid off) feels it happened to me twice in one yr. The first time, I was laid off for 6mos. On top of that, I had recently purchased a home. But, God is good, he never allowed bill,meal or anything to be missed. Everytime I thought I was at the end, God provided. I didn't see it then, but it truly was the opening of a New/better door. Keep your head up, this too shall pass. It's only human to worry/stress but just know God has his hand on your life. It also helps to have a good and encouraging mate which it seems that you have. Use this time to focus on the church and your ministry. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clinton,

    First of all let me send my sincere birthday greetings to you my friend, God has kept you one more year! As for the layoff, let me just say this, God will never bring us to a point that his grace will not bring us through. I totally believe that the First Goodwill Church is getting ready to explode in ways that you wouldn't have imagined because the Pastor will be able to devote his time to the Word of God! Man I wish I was there this Sunday to hear the explosive message that God is gonna put on your heart. Stay encouraged my friend! See you soon!

    Lance

    ReplyDelete