Monday, September 21, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 9/20/09

Worship started a little slow yesterday but we had some good church. A son of our church, Brian McGrew, preached in my place yesterday. He did an excellent job, I’m extremely proud of him.

Yesterday afternoon I was privileged to preach for Village Baptist Church Pastored by W Charles Harris. Good time of worship from start to finish! Lady Rose Neale killed everything in the building singing “I Won’t Complain” and then “He’s Done Enough”. Wow!

I preached from a famous passage of scripture, Isaiah 40:28-30, “The Strengthening of the Saints”. God blessed the message. Pastor Harris is a great host for preachers and, again, I say thank you for your hospitality and generosity.

This weekend Tracy and I celebrated 17 years of marriage. We didn’t do anything special this weekend due to our departure to San Diego, Ca this coming weekend. I can’t wait, we need some getaway time, and the count down begins. I did mess up on Saturday because I went to watch the Mayweather vs Marquez fight at my brother's house and stayed out a little longer than expected on our anniversary. Sorry, T-Baby!

The fight was pretty boring if you ask me. I expected much more from both fighters. I’m not a Mayweather fan but he did look good after being off for 2 years. The real fight started during the interview when Shane Mosely came into the ring to challenge Mayweather to a future fight. Mayweather needs to stop running from Mosely and take the fight. I think Mosely will give Mayweather a challenge because of the similarities of boxing styles. Mayweather stop being a busta and fight Mosely…lol…If you have not figured it out I’m a big boxing fan.

My Cowboys….Next…

This week will be no different than the others, busy. I do plan to go over to my home church, Mt Sinai, for their 67th Church Anniversary Revival with Pastor H.B Charles from Shiloh Baptist Church, Jacksonville, Florida.

I have so many things to write about: the continuation of my online book “Understanding Healing”, Sermon Block – When A Preacher is too tired to study, 2009 Book Reading Review, End of the year Ministry Review, Who’s Fooling Who – Counterfeit Preaching, Kingdom Partnership – Can Two Churches Co-exist in the same building? and so many more.

Until next time, that’s it, that’s all! Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Clinton, glad to hear that things are going well with the exception of that tough Cowboy's loss.

    I might see you at the revival.

    Keep up the good work bro.

    DeAntwan

    ReplyDelete