Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One Year Ago

It was a year ago today that First Goodwill Church and myself stepped out on faith to renovate our church which needed repairs badly. We met at the church on Wednesday night for prayer and clean up. We moved everything out of the building except the pews and items we no longer wanted because on Thursday contractors were coming in to start demolishing. For the next three (3) months we were homeless (figuratively speaking) while our building was being repaired.

This was, and still is, a huge step of faith for our church in an effort to offer God our very best.

As I reflect over the year, I must give God praise for His faithfulness and favor He has extended to our church. With a new bill, God has allowed us to continue to do ministry, make our monthly mortgage payment, and meet salary obligations. During this recession, God has saw fit to make all things possible for us financially. Our giving has increased 10% during the summer months which is typically low giving months in our church. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying we have a whole lot of money because we don’t. But what I am saying is that God has met our daily needs for the past year. Praise God!

The month of September has been busy with many services and many pastors with their congregations coming into the sanctuary and seen what God did through His church. They were extremely encouraged and I had the opportunity to speak with many of them after service and encourage them to dream big no matter what size the church is. There are no limits with the God we serve. He’s big and we should dream big.

I thank God that we have been able to encourage others through our step of faith but I must remind you that it’s not easy yet it is doable.

I’m looking forward to what God is going to do through our church. We have many opportunities to make a huge impact for the kingdom of God. Please continue to pray for the First Goodwill Church familythat God will see fit to continue to show favor towards us.

1 comment:

  1. Clinton, these pictures and your post has done nothing but to inspire me to keep pressing until our new home is secured and renovated. You have absolutely no idea how this post has blessed me today. I can't shout because I can't stop crying tears of joy for you and First Goodwill and tears of hope for me and First Mt. Zion. Thank you my brother! Can't wait to get there in November

    Lance

    ReplyDelete