Monday, September 14, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 9/13/09

Another long week that made my study time extremely hard but I was able to pull it out, “I Have Direction for My Life” – “He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake (Psalms 23:3B)”. I will post a semi-copy of the manuscript later this week if I a get a chance to correct all the grammatical, spelling, and every other error you can think of. But for now this will suffice:

Thesis Statement: God, our Shepherd, knows where He’s taking us.

1. “He leads me” speaks of the Will of God in Righteousness

2. “in paths of righteousness” speaks of the Ways of God in Righteousness

3. “for His name’s sake” speaks of the Wisdom of God in Righteousness

I had no energy at all to preach yesterday after such a long week of revival services Wednesday-Saturday in addition to my weekly work schedule.

These past few weeks have been difficult to study, pray, and preach due to thoughts of job loss because of our terrible economy. God has been gracious thus far and I can only pray He will continue to be gracious to me in this situation as well.

I found the track by Deitrick Haddon – He’s Able and it has blessed me more than words can express. In addition, it’s a song written on biblical truth, Ephesians 3:21-21 - Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. We song it for the first time Sunday and it will become our morning worship song for the next few weeks.

I can’t believe 2009 is done and now it’s time to plan for 2010, WOW. This has been a good year because God has proven Himself faithful to His children. But man, I can’t wait for 2010.

We’re getting ready for my 7th Pastoral Anniversary Service. My prayer is that our services will be filled with a spirit of revival. I don’t have the line-up yet, because we’re still working on it.

Deacon Loud is still in the hospital. He’s doing much better but he still needs our prayers.

I have meetings this week and I want to support a new fellowship with Pastor W.H Charles and Village Baptist Church during this week of revival services. And I want to hear some good preaching for myself. One of my meetings this week can change the course of things in our ministry for the better. So I solicit your prayers for God’s guidance and will share outcome when time is right.

That’s it, that’s all, peace!

1 comment:

  1. Clinton, you know that you have my prayers for your work and I believe that God will open doors for you.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete