Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 8/9/09

What a week!

Let me start by saying, “Thank You Lord for holding me up last week and this weekend”. The week started with concern because Deacon Loud went into the hospital with breathing problems that was pretty serious. I got the call on Monday night and stayed up all night tossing and turning. On Tuesday, after work, Tracy and I went to the hospital to visit Deacon Loud. When we arrived, Rod, a member of Mt Sinai was there with his dying father. I didn’t see him but he saw Tracy and I walking down the aisle. After a brief greeting, he broke down in tears and told me what was going on. I prayed with him and Tracy held him. He went back to his father’s room and we started our visit with Deacon Loud. To keep it short, thank God for His healing virtue. Deacon Loud is doing much better now. He went home on yesterday breathing on his own. Thank You, Lord!

We had bible study on Wednesday night and Thursday thru Saturday was the “One Voice Conference” held by Darnell Davis and The Remnant. This young adult group is awesome. Tracy and I heard them a couple of years at a CD release party for my big sis Shervonne Wells and then again at my big bro’s, Bishop Kenny Wells, birthday bash last December. But to see them in action before the service was a blessing. I did everything I could to hold my composure as I was there as a sound tech but the worshipper inside of me wanted to have church during rehearsals and at the concert. I have come to understand that the church of Jesus Christ has gifted men and women. Jamelle Jones wrote a song, Rain On Me (I think was the title), that ministered to me during the rehearsal. Man, this young man is gospel music’s next Donald Lawrence. Tony Jones is a worshipping musician/songwriter. He blessed me with a worship song he wrote and the GMWA did a melody of Thomas Whitfield songs. Boy, it was awesome! I grew on Thomas Whitfield and enoyed every minute of their singing. Darnell Davis is gifted. What I like about all the musicians, songwriters, and singers was their humility. There was no big I and little you. The atmosphere was one voice. Praise God.

Each night last week, I think got home around 11 pm. Just enough time to walk through the door eat, shower, kiss Tracy, and go to sleep. I didn’t get home Saturday until Sunday morning at 12:30 am, only to get back up at 5 am to finish my work for Sunday morning’s assignment, Trusting God Our Shepherd (An Exposition of Psalms 23). Our Topic: “I can rest peacefully” – He makes me lie down in green pastures. I didn’t get to record the service because my sound tech in training, Myles, spent the weekend at his uncle’s house with his cousins. I will post manuscript tomorrow on sermoncentral.com and on my blog.

I was extremely tired Sunday. Tracy led praise/worship to give me time to settle down. However, as God would have it, I gained more and more strength as I continued to preach. Thank you Lord for strength!

When church was over, I went home to rest and Tracy, Aysia, and Kari went to the movies. I ate my dinner from my favorite soul food restaurant, Nelly’s and went to sleep.

Yesterday, I was going to go to work but still felt extremely tired. So, I took a vacation day. We have a youth workshop going on this week at the church given by the City of Los Angeles, training at-risk young adults on job interviewing and resume writing. We brokdown the sanctuary and turned it into a classroom. Thank you Lord for flexibility!

Tracy and I ran a few errands and I was done for the rest of the day.

You know, there’s nothing but junk on TV during the day. So, I watched Divorce Court, Blind Date, That’s My Momma, Sanford and Son, Good Times, Martin, Sugar Hill, The T.O. Show, Real Chance of Love 2, The Revolutionist on Muhammad Ali (interesting), and Johnson’s Family Vacation.

Now, at work ready for a full day. Peace and blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Clinton, I am keeping your Deacon lifted in believing prayer. You seem to have had a good time in worship and I want to encourage you to continue being the voice crying out in the wilderness, my brother! PS I watch Bones, House, The Closer, Raising the Bar and stuff like that (LOL).

    Lance

    ReplyDelete