Monday, August 3, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 8/2/09

We had a wonderful time in worship on yesterday. Service started out a little late but good start. Good praise/worship, good attendance, good offering, good word, summary good everything. I continued our study in Psalms 23 with the “B” clause of verse 1:

Topic: I’m Satisfied with God Alone
Text: Psalms 23:1b

Theme: Contentment (Cross Reference: Philippians 4:10-13; 19)

Thesis: God, our Shepherd, knows how to supply our every need.

Here in this powerful declaration of David, there are three observations of content living in the divine providential care of the Shepherd.

I. The Dangers Preventing Satisfaction

A. Complaining – Numbers 11:1 – Complaining is a slap in God face

B. Covetousness – Hebrews 13:5 – Covetousness is chasing a shadow of better things

C. Comparison – Measuring blessings against someone else’s blessings

D. Concern about Tomorrow (Worry) – Matthew 6:25-34 – Worry is a lack of confidence in God’s daily provisions

How do we fight against these dangers?

A. Prayer – Philippians 4:6-7

B. Thankfulness – 1 Thessalonians 5:18


II. The Decision to be Satisfied

Point: Living content depends solely on you

a. Living content is a learned way of living – Philippians 4:11
b. Living content is a confident way of living – Philippians 4:12
c. Living content is a consistent way of living – Philippians 4:13


III. The Delight of Being Satisfied

A. God never runs out of resources – Philippians 4:19a

B. God is able to meet every need – Philippians 4:19 b

Good message but still haven’t gotten used to A/C blowing in my mouth so I keep getting choked up. That’s a good thing because I didn’t have A/C last year. Praise God.

This week is going to be pretty busy for me with work. We have the “One Voice Conference” with Darnell Davis and The Remnant this Thursday and Friday and musical will be Saturday. All services start at 7 pm. We have to prepare for a youth workshop next week Monday thru Thursday for the city of Los Angeles. I have to prepare to preach. I’ve been doing my best to make sure I set time aside for my study. So far so good!

I’m looking forward to my study on verse 2 of Psalms 23: He makes me to lie down in green pastures. God bless my study time!

I will post sermon audio later today on our website www.fgmbc.org

2 comments: