Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 8/31/09

What a busy week and weekend, last week! I truly over-scheduled myself starting with our BBQ fundraiser on Thursday and Friday. Saturday I came to work for a few hours, smog check done on the car, and went home. I was so tired I couldn’t move off the couch nor rest comfortably because of the heat. I watched MJ shows all day while flipping channels to watch some football where possible and cat napping in the process.

Sunday was no better. I had 3 services.

Service #1 - Our morning service was good but I was extremely tired. I didn’t finish my work on Psalms 23:3 – “He restores my soul”. I wish I had help because they would have preached yesterday. So, I preached:

Topic: Lord, We Need A Miracle
Text: Joshua 3

Thesis: A miracle is God carrying our load and suspending the rules to move us from one phase of life to the next for His glory.

1. Wait for your miracle – v. 1-5

Point: Waiting is difficult when you need immediate deliverance. But waited time on God is never wasted time.

2. Work for your miracle – v. 6-13

· The miracle is promised for tomorrow but today there’s work to be done, sanctify yourselves!
· You have to position yourself to handle God’s miracle
· You have to get your hands dirty to receive your miracle

3. Walk into your miracle – v. 14-17

Point: If you want God to move in your life in an extraordinary way, you need to step out on faith.

I don’t know how well I communicated the text but I trust God was pleased with my effort.

Deacon Loud came to church yesterday for the first time in 4 weeks. He’s still a little weak but thank God for strength. Please keep him and Sis Loud in your prayers.

Service #2 - our women’s ministry had their 5th Sunday service with guest speaker Gloria Whitaker from Full Gospel Church. What a wonderful time of fellowship and worship. Tracy did an excellent job planning the service, Gloria did an excellent job speaking on the theme of “redeemed”, we had a guest soloist come and sing that blessed our hearts. We had a wonderful time praising God together.

Of course, between services we ate BBQ ribs/chicken/hot links, green beans with potatoes, BBQ baked beans, bread, soda pop, and peach cobbler. The food was so good and I so sleepy afterwards.

Service #3 – a benefit service for New Birth Church with Pastor Michael Saunders. It was a good service but I was extremely tired. There was a lot of singing but Minister B Alexander McCargo and Kingdom Worship really blessed me. New Birth’s dance ministry is awesome, hands down! Bishop Johnny Withers preached and did a good job. Theo Wilkins and SOP sang themselves crazy.

Overall, good day of worship and fellowship!

I got home about 11:15 pm (after being up @ 5 am in the morning). I took my shower, kissed Tracy goodnight, and crashed only to get back up at 6 am to come to work. Lord, give me strength!

I did not do a good job scheduling these events for August and September. I’m praying God will hold me up to carry out all my duties as pastor, husband, employee, father, and being me.

However, I do have something to look forward to this month. Tracy and I will celebrate 17 years of marital bliss and it’s our goal as well as plan to get out of here for a weekend in September to relax. And my God it will happen, trust. I need it, she needs it, we need it!

I’m out, see ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. Clinton, I am a witness to the fact that I indeed do need a miracle. Great work my brother!

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You seem to handle your hectic scheduled. Give yourself credit, you did remember to kiss your wife. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete