Monday, June 1, 2009

Sunday Thoughts 5/31/09

Yesterday was a good day in both services. Our attendance was a little off but a good worship experience. Our women's ministry was in charge yesterday and they did an excellent job ushering us into the presence of God. We went back to our sermon series The God of our Trust.

Topic: Trusting the "I AM" of God
Text: Exodus 3

Thesis: Trusting the "I AM" of God is believing God never fails

1. "I AM" the Answer To Your Affliction - v. 1-8
2. "I AM" Aware of Your Adversity - v. 9
3. "I AM" the Authority in Your Assignment - v 10-14
4. "I AM" the Assurance of Your Autonomy (Freedom) - v. 15-22

The Lord really blessed the message. I had tooooo much information again. The names of God are so rich that I need to learn how to condense my explanation of the name. This has been my challenge with this study but it's been a good study for me. I didn't deal with Jesus as "I AM" as recorded in the Gospel of John because it's desire to preach a series at the beginning of 2010 on Jesus' "I AM" statements. Can't wait! And I ran out of time and chopped it up. If anybody knows of any material on Jesus' I AM statements please let me know. I don't want to wait to start buying research material. Plus, a brotha is broke these days. I have a budget to live by.

After church our women's ministry made dinner with swedish meatballs, potatoe salad, pasta salad, fried chicken, butter rolls, and First Goodwill swamp juice (red). Oh, soooo good. We sat around for about an hour though waiting for the chicken to arrive from Albertson's. But it was good fellowship between services.

Every 5th Sunday, we have our "WE" Ministry Fellowship service and it was awesome. This service is designed to minister to the women of our church. My Aunt Betty spoke yesterday and did an outstanding job ministering. My cousin, Vendon, brought their praise team, a poet, and mime ministry. What a blessing! I met their pastor for the first time yesterday (I can't remember is name, not good), good humble spirit. This was their first outting as a church and they showed up in a great way. Thank you pastor. Tracy is doing a wonderful job giving leadership to this ministry. Keep it up. God is not unjust to forget your labor of love.

Footnote: I need to do better about at remembering people's names. I apologize pastor and church members.

After church I came home to rest. I was beat down. Today, starts the first day of forced vacation on the job due to the economy. I thank God for a forced vacation and not a lay-off. So I'm off today and tomorrow. It's cool because I really have a lot to do at home and church. Today, I will complete my list of house duties before playing B-Ball tonite. Baby Jordan is my name respect my game.

I do request your prayers for one of my members, Deacon Charles Loud. He's been having some health challenges lately and I asked that you pray for him during your quiet time with the Lord. I also ask that you pray for Pastor Keith Green and Family. His mother-in-law went to the hospital last week for what was to be a minor surgery but passed away during the operation. Her service is this coming Saturday. Please keep this family in your prayers as well.

"The prayers of the righteous avails much. When we pray, God goes to work.

I will continue my online book of "Understanding Healing" with part 2 of chapter 2 "Healing in My Hand" later this week. Stay tuned.....

Oh, by the way, do you believe in Magic? Magic in 6 and superman is going to crush the black Simba...lol

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pastor, sounds like a great time spent in worship yesterday. How did you stay awake after such a great meal and the swamp punch..lol..

    Keep at it brother,

    The prayer I posted comes from a collection of Puritan Prayers. The book is called "Valley of Vision" it's a blessing to have and store away in your heart.

    Hope it blesses you.

    Pastor Rhone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post as always my brother. You are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete