Monday, June 29, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 6/28/09

What a wonderful experience on yesterday during our “Church on the Lot – Taking Church to the Streets”. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a set plan for the whole day but God changed all of that. We networked with Pastor Robert Calvary and Praise Chapel Church. Praise Chapel rents our small building and from time to time we combine services so this was one of the times that seemed befitting to do so. We settled on Pastor Calvary preaching the service instead of having two messages. His wife, Christina and Tracy did our praise/worship. Wonderful job!

My prayer for this day was to sound the alarm that Jesus saves. When we got going people were coming in off the streets, out of their houses listening on the porch, in the alley, a deaf man came into the service and one of pastor Calvary’s members knew sign language and started ministering to him. During the service, members were on Compton Ave witnessing inviting people to come to the service. Some came in and others kept going.

The entire service was awesome and the message was on time out 1st Chron 29:10-13!

After service, we set up for a mini-carnival with hot dogs, hot links (gotta have these at every BBQ), snow cone machine, popcorn, jumper, face painting, dominoes, water balloons, and so much more. The members of First Goodwill and Praise Chapel really worked hard to make this a success. Thank you so much! God is not unjust to forget your labor of love!

My plan was to have a water balloon toss, sack races, and stuff like that but God said NO! We had 2 bands come minister. They started playing and testifying and people were listening so intently I got out of the way. The testimonies were powerful as people shared their deliverance from gang violence, drugs, alcohol, rape, divorce, being shot, homelessness, imprisonment…

What I loved most about these testimonies was that they were honest about their deliverance and they didn’t mind sharing it with strangers. God Side motorcycle club came and at first appearance, I thought, “Lord, now wait, I’m not mentally, physically, nor armed for this to jump off”. I admit my judgment was totally uncalled for. They love God with all their heart, mind, and soul. One played the saxophone for a band that ministered, the other song in the praise team, and the rest was on the streets witnessing. Awesome!

I’ve been teaching our church for the last six weeks on “Becoming a Contagious Christian” and we put those lessons into action yesterday with others. Sadie was passing out cards and witnessing. Tracy and Kari was sharing with people while face painting. My mother and Sis Loud was sharing while serving food. I was sharing with a family who’s been visiting our church for the past 2 weeks as well as with another family who came in off the street. When I was introduced as pastor they were shocked to see me on the grill and working. Their response; “You’re the pastor!” I said, “Yes!” Their response; “This is different to see a pastor working and talking to people!” We laughed together and I pray that a seed was planted into their lives seeing my service to God’s people.

But most of the time, I just stood back watching, praying, grilling, and shouting, thank You, Jesus! Awesome!

The final outcome was two (2) young men came to Christ. They were Hispanic and will more than likely attend Praise Chapel. I’m cool with that. Two lives were saved from our efforts yesterday and that’s worth it for me. God be praised! Pastor Calvary and I will minister to them and baptize them in a couple weeks.

For me, this is what it’s all about, coming together for God and saving souls. The last two (2) weeks, I’ve become a little isolated to spend time with God in prayer to insure I’m hearing from God on a number of issues that require my immediate attention in prayer. Being a working pastor doesn’t afford me the opportunity of a set time of prayer. I’ve found my only outlet is to isolate myself any way I can to hear from God. So, my friends please don’t think I’m neglecting our friendship, sometimes I need to have isolated moments of prayer time. I do my best to try and follow God in everything I do.

What a wonderful day! I’ll post pictures on Facebook later this morning. Please keep praying for me, my family, and the church. We need it!

1 comment:

  1. Clinton, I am always praying for you, your family and your church. God will open great doors for you!

    Lance

    ReplyDelete