Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 6/7/09

My day started a little weird. I'm extremely tired and wish I had preaching help to call on for days like this. I did not preach Jehovah-Raphe: God Our Healer because I still have more work to do but got up too late this morning and I was pressed for time. So, I preached a portion of the armour from Ephesians 6:14a- "...having gird your waist with truth..." entitled "What's holding you up?" I didn't know how the message was going to turn out but the Lord really blessed our efforts today. I was tired when I stood to preach but the more I preached the more strength God continued to give, now I'm totally exhausted. We shared the Lord's Supper today and our song was "He's Sweet I know". Man, what a hymn!

Overall, good day!

We ate ourselves crazy today. Tracy and I tagged teamed on cooking and made white beans w/smoked neckbones, collard greens, corn bread, and Lousiana fried chicken. HMMMM, Hmmmm, good! 31 Flavors ice cream for dessert. Kari and baby Jimmy came over as well. Good time with the family.

Now my analysis of the game. Casper the Friendly ref was present at Staples Center today. The first half of the game was extremely boring. Too many turnovers by the Magic, bad shot selection by both teams, and refs really.....well let's keep it clean...they were terrible calling invisible fouls on the Magic. The second half of the game came to life. I just knew the Magic would take it at the Staples Center but to Orlando they go. My prediction 3-0 to the Magic at home. Stay tuned for breaking news on Tuesday after my game. I'm baby Jordan respect my name.

I have my third day of forced vacation on tomorrow (Monday), or today. My goal is to rest and spend time praying and tkinking. I need to get ready for our quarterly church conference at the end of this month and I'm really trying to pick my battles carefully. I need to encourage and build but sometimes communicating reality can be mis-interpreted as complaining, fussing, and/or being un-grateful. None of which is my goal of communicating vision. We do have glimmers of hope and God is blessing us so I need to build on the blessings as a means of progressive movement for the Kingdom.

So much work and so little time to do it all.

I'm going to bed, good-bye family!

1 comment:

  1. Clinton, I am certainly sympathetic to your plight of having no one to fill in on Sundays, as I am in the same situation. But it seems like the Lord showed up at First Goodwill on yesterday.

    I am sorry that it didn't work out in your favor at Staples Center last night, but don't worry, your prediction failures will not end there. It is no way they are winning two games let alone three.

    One more thing, please save some of that good cooking for November!!!! LOL

    Lance

    ReplyDelete