Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 6/21/09

I woke up Sunday ready to do what I do, minister the word of God until I got to church. When I walked through the door I noticed hand and foot prints on the walls, some one broke into our church AGAIN!!!!! GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRGGGGRRRGGRRRR!!!!!

This is the second time in a month that our church has been broken into. I ran upstairs to the sound room, praise God everything was there. The first time these idiots broke into our church they stole my stereo, VHS/DVD combo, air compressor, gospel CD’s, and 1-3 sessions of Becoming A Contagious Christian DVD. I hope they watched it so they can find Jesus in the process.

This messed up the start of my day and it took me a long time to settle down to preach. I struggled to stay focused on the message. It did help that the women of our church ran the service to give the men a break for Father’s Day.

I continued my series; “The God of Our Trust” with a message on Jehovah-Mekeddeshem – The Lord Who Sanctifies.

Topic: Trusting God Who Can Make You Better
Text: Exodus 31:12-18

Theme: Sanctification, holiness
Thesis Statement: Only God can make you better!

I. He Sanctified Us (Positional Sanctification) – v. 12-13

II. He’s Sanctifying Us (Progressive Sanctification) – v. 14-15

III. He completes our Sanctification (Perfect Sanctification) – v. 16-18

While my content was good, I did not do a good job communicating.

After church Tracy and the kids took me to Shakeys for a pizza buffet and then we went to Venice beach to walk around for Father’s Day. Good time with family.

This week is going to be extremely busy, stressful, and tiring. At work we call our end of the month week “Hell Week” as well as this being the end of the 2nd Qtr it’s really going to be trouble in paradise. There’s a financial goal to reach and we’re nowhere near our $ goal. I’m not complaining just stating reality.

This coming Sunday, we’re having church on the parking lot. We’ll be setting up our sanctuary on Saturday with tents, chairs, sound system, etc. After service is BBQ, jumper, popcorn machine, snow cone machine, face painting, games, dominoes, etc. This is our evangelistic strategy to take church out of the four walls and into the streets. We’ll start small then work our way into Samaria, Judea, and the uttermost parts of the earth.

1 comment:

  1. Clinton, I am praying that God will protect your new building from the hand of the enemy. But thou oh Lord art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter up of my head (Ps. 3:3).

    I am glad that the Lord has brought you through that time to really minister to his people.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete