Friday, November 14, 2008

RESTORE THE LAND PROJECT UPDATE



I have not been writing much about the project not because things are going wrong. As a matter of fact things are going extremely well with the project. If you have noticed the postcard on my blog our grand opening is scheduled for December 7th and it's an all day celebration.

I'm a big bundle of nerves filled with mixed emotions that are unexplainable. The members are extremely excited and our family/friends are even more excited about what God has done with our church. I have to keep reminding myself, and fight against my pride to not be a show boat that this is totally God's doing and not mine.

I'm working on a slide presentation to show during our evening service and tears started to flow. They are tears of joy and relief that it's almost over. Many people don't know the tremendous amount of pressure I went through this year to insure that all goes well. As well as pressure with some members who disagreed with everything I proposed.

As I was working on the slideshow presentation, I started recounting all events that took place this year with my opposition, Sandballot and Tobias church folk. With all the excitement brewing in our church, can you believe there are still some members who are waiting for this project to fail. Yes, we incurred a debt but it was better to incur a debt to fix problems rather than incurring a debt of fines because we did not repair things that were dangerous to our health.

Praise God for opposition because it was, and still is, the opposition that presents opportunities for God to do His thing the only way He knows how to do it. Thank you, Sandballot and Tobias.

Enough of that! I'm EXCITED beyond words. I can't sleep and eager to get back to business.

My new pulpit arrived today, the stage is being formed, the sound technician is installing, office furniture on order, new sign is being worked on, revised church logo is completed, kitchen is completed and looking rather elegant, bathrooms are completed awaiting stalls, educational rooms completed, multi-purpose room completed, recess lighting completed, electrical panel upgrade complete (just need to complete underground work and transformer to be installed by Edison), doors installed, windows installed, and I'm ready to get back in.

At first, I was going to have our ribbon cutting ceremony in the afternoon but I changed that. Our ribbon cutting ceremony will be during our morning worship with communion being served. I'm already working on that sermon now and ready to preach. We're going to combine our service with the Hispanic church and many of our friends and family have committed to being with us on that day. LET THE PRAISE BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!

The afternoon service is going to be a time of fellowship with singing, comedy, praise dancing, and more. And then after that, I plan to take a long vacation to rest and enjoy my family without being so tired for a change.

I plan to create a URL of the slideshow presentation and post it on my blog when it's completed so my blog family can enjoy this moment with us.

Keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Clinton, this is the best news that I have heard, especially since all of this stuff going on with my project is beginning to stress me out. I am so glad to know that things are progressing greatly. I am looking forward to seeing the slide show.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete