Thursday, November 20, 2008

Getting Ready for 2009!

I was just sitting here on my lunch break thinking about 2009, WOW! We're are the end of 2008, amazing!

This is right around the time I start to think about the next five (5) years of ministry at First Goodwill Church. I start to formulate my "State of the Church Address". I prepare our material for our "Church Conference" meeting that will be held this year on December 17th before we black-out for the rest of the year. I meet with ministry leaders to discuss our event calendar, budget, etc. Usually, I start by reviewing the negatives and plan accordingly to strengthen our weaknesses. But in time past that doesn't always work, especially when you have more negatives than positives. However, this year is little different for us as a church. With all of the challenges we faced this year as a church with disgruntled people leaving, close to a church fight, members passing away, so forth and so on. I look forward with great anticipation of what the next five (5) years will bring to our church.

While a lot has changed around us, our goal and purpose as a church still remains the same:

Growing deeper in Christ and reaching wider for Christ for His glory alone (Matthew 28:18-20).

So this year I'm taking a different approach to vision sharing. Instead of taking my normal approach that I have been for the last 2 years, this time I'm taking a more pro-active approach. I've tried many different approaches to get people on board with our purpose and goals as a ministry. But I think using the negatives is a reactive approach to vision sharing.

I want to create an atmosphere of positivity related to our ministry. This past Sunday, I preached a sermon entitled "Be Positive (Philippians 4:8-9)" . It was a part of series I did at the end of last year that I entitled "The Be Attitudes for A Church In Transition". I preached it to re-enforce our need to be positive in all things and about all things.

With help from my blogging ministry partners, what will you do going into next year to cast your goals for the church? Is it possible to ever get 100% membership involvement? How do you handle leaders who fight against the ministries cause? What are some effective ways to communicate vision? How do you communicate throughout the year?

Help me! I'm looking for fresh innovative ideas to communicate our goals for 2009.

1 comment:

  1. Clinton, you have begun possibly the best conversation starter in our blogging world. I need the same help that you do and I am looking forward to hearing what others say.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete