Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 10/25/09

Sunday was a pretty heavy day for us as a church because we are very concerned about Deacon Charles Loud's health. He's a long time member, worker, and leader of First Goodwill Church and his presence is missed terribly. We're praying that God's will be done in this challenging moment for him and his wife, Georgia. Please keep this entire family in your prayers.

We resumed our study of Psalms 23:5 - You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. I titled the sermon: "God Favored Me". Decent message, I tried something that I don't normally do, preach without a manuscript. I remembered the outline but failed to make my points clear because I was thinking too hard in the process trying to remember everything rather than just letting it flow like a conversation.

The microphones were messing up and I'm teaching my son, Myles, how to operate the board from the pulpit. It get's frustrating sometimes but I know he's doing his best and he's doing a good job.

I played softball Sunday afternoon and we lose because we didn't have enough ladies to play but the umpire let us play anyway since we were all there.

My Cowboys didn't disappoint me Sunday, thank God!

This week plans to be very interesting, exciting, and busy as we continue our 7th pastoral anniversary service this Wednesday night with:

Pastor Kevin Stafford and Zion Baptist Evangelistic Temple Church
Pastor Nathaniel Haley and United Christian Baptist Church
Pastor Michael Albert and Mt Aaron Christian Church

In addition, we have a special treat, my mother-in-law, Ellen Charles will be in town with us. Tracy has not seen mama Erllen in a couple of years, so as a anniversary gift her mother will be town. Pretty excited about it!

I've been a little laxed in blogging lately, not because I don't have anything to write about. I have a lot to write about. I'm still trying to adjust to being in full-time ministry right now since being laid off from work a month ago. It's a big adjustment for me (at least much bigger than I anticipated). It's going to take some time but I do enjoy thinking about ministry stuff without interruptions from a secular job.

So far God has met all our needs and for that I'm grateful.

Until next time, keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. And He will keep meeting your needs. Keep trusting Him.

    We are praying for you, your work and your family.


    Tony R.

    ReplyDelete