Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 10/11/09

Sunday was a good day of worship as well as good of preaching for me. I was able to relax and read my manuscript Sunday morning before worship service ever started. I had energy, voice, passion, and power. All of which I generally lack when I was working. The Lord really blessed our service from start to finish. The attendance was extremely well and I’m just praying continued consistency.

I resumed our study of Psalms 23, “Trusting God Our Shepherd”. Here is the sermon skeleton:

Topic: I’m Not Afraid to Die
Text: Psalms 23:4

Thesis Statement: God, our Shepherd, protects from dangers (seen and unseen) and death.

He Protects Us from Death – “Yea, tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…”

He Protects Us from Distractions – “I will fear no evil”

He Protects Us with His Presence – “for You are with me”

I didn’t know how the church would receive the message because many people don’t like talking and/or hearing anything on death. But to my surprise, God really blessed the message. I even had voice to shut it down but I didn’t. Some responded to the ministry of invitation for prayer and I believe the church was encouraged. Praise God!

I made the announcement that our church has office hours now: Tuesday – Friday from 9 am to 3 pm. They were so excited about the church office being open I was surprised. Now, I can really pastor the people God has placed me over with freedom and without many distractions. I’m praying that God will let this be continual without me having to go back to work. But for now, we will give 110% while I have the time and let tomorrow take care of itself.

Yesterday, Tracy and I went to see “Couples Retreat” with a few pastors and their wives. The movie was hilarious, my stomach hurting after watching that movie.

Today, I’m in the office trying to get my office in order. I have papers, trash, and boxes of junk everywhere. Then, I’ll start gathering sermon study material for Sunday.

Please pray for me and my family as this change in our life will be for the better and not make any of us bitter.

Until next time be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Be encouraged Clint, God is working it out.

    Praying for you, your work and your family.


    Tony R.

    ReplyDelete