Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Sermon Series

We're just about ready to close our loan and start construction as scheduled for the 1st week of Sept. This is a huge step of faith for our church that I'm believing God to provide all we need, financially, to continue ministry operations. I'm getting so excited because this will be a turning point in our ministry in that once construction is completed we will have much more flexibility to minister to all ages in a comfortable environment. So, I've been praying about what to preach to prepare us for the adventure.

I will complete our sermon series this Sunday on "Our F-I-R-S-T Essentials" discussion closing with Our Commitment to Discipleship - 2 Timothy 2:2. I had been praying as to what direction I should go in the next sermon series. I would rather preach in series formats because my time is so limited it makes it easier for me to stay focused. My mental capacity has been consumed with one thought for our church; "The Importance of Supporting Your Church".
  • With Your Love - 1 John 4:7-11
  • With Your Prayers - Colossians 4:2
  • With Your Gifts/Talents - Romans 12:3-8
  • With Your Stewardship - Genesis 2:15
  • With Your Worship - Nehemiah 9:8
  • With Your Service - 1 Peter 4:10-11
  • With Your Hospitality - 1 Peter 4:9

I believe this sermon series will help us to create team ministry and unity in our church. In addition, I've started gathering information and writing curriculum for our new members class of which Our F-I-R-S-T Essentials sermon outline and this new sermon series will incorporated.

I can't take full credit of the above outline other than I've been reading a number of books on the church lately and that has inspired this sermon series structure. Please keep us in your prayers.

Be blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Clinton, I am eagerly awaiting the outlines for your new series. I get excited unlike anything other, than when I read or hear what kind of series a Pastor is either preaching or getting ready to preach. I too, due to our relocation project is getting ready for a new sermon series to begin 1st Sunday in September, on giving and stewardship, which I will probably call Developing a Giving Church (not mine, I took that title from a book I am reading). I will be in prayer for you and your ministry. To quote Kraig Pullam's Mom Mrs. Vietta P, preach a little Rev.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach on Revun!!! I cant wait to see the outlines!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor,

    Praise God for your ministry. I too anxiously anticipate learning what shape your series will take. Looking forward to the completion of your building project as well.

    ReplyDelete