Monday, June 30, 2008

FGMBC Testimony

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Thank God our church website is final operating at http://www.fgmbc.org/. It's been a long time coming and I think, I'm real excited because this is a new innovative way to introduce unsaved people to Christ and uncommitted believers to our church. I built it myself with pre-designed templates and with no knowledge of website building designed. Thank God for His creative ability passed on to me to learn and complete the task. Please review the site and your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Yesterday was a good day for our church. While no one came to give there life to Christ I was encouraged by those who visited our church (which has not happened in a long time). There is one older gentlemen, who makes it his business to visit us at least 3 times in the month but fell off the scene for moment. But according to him, he would attend more regularly if it were not for his sick wife whom he's caring for. He expresses every time he attends how enjoys our worship service and more specifically, his own words, "Your preaching is so simple for a person who can't read or write." I thank God for his encouraging words. I try my best each week to be simple yet impactful without stripping the text from it's meaning. Sometimes, I wander after preaching my heart out each week if people really pay attention. And then one of my deacons, who I think doesn't pay much attention, started to re-preach one of my sermons I did a year ago that helped him through some of his challenges last week. Wow, God knows what you need when you need it!

I rambling here because I've been so encouraged this weekend by members and friends to hang in there.

This year, 2008, is the year of new beginnings so we say. However, for our church it is a year of transition (complete over-haul) and new beginnings don't come without some pain along the way. We're a small church with many challenges ahead of us. We have big dreams with limited resources. We have building repair necessities that extend far beyond what we could have ever imagined. Yet, I believe there's nothing too hard for God.

The month of June has been Sunday morning prayer meeting for us each week. The enemy has been attacking us in so many ways that the only way to fight a spiritual warfare is with a spiritual weapon, prayer. This time of prayer has been so enriching spiritually for my personally and for the entire church. Yesterday, our WE Ministries (Women Empowered Ministries) had their service of which I did nothing to plan for. I let the women of our church do the planning of the service. So my wife Tracy, dedicated the service to a time of special prayer. Thank God for given her the wisdom to cover the service and those in attendance with believing prayer. Everyone in attendance left encouraged. Praise God!

I got away from our series on the F-I-R-S-T Essentials of FGMBC (worship, ministy, fellowship, discipleship, and evangelism) this month to preach on prayer. But this coming Sunday, God willing, I'm going to resume the series with worship, evangelism, and discipleship. Please pray that God gives me the discipline I need to complete the work, especially with this being the 4th of July weekend.

Have a safe holiday!

1 comment:

  1. My brother, thank you greatly for your post, because in this year of new beginnings, our church is going through a transition as well. We are selling our historic 104 year old building and moving to a new city. So I am praying for you that God will do great things through your ministry and your faithfulness. I will enjoy viewing your new website and get some ideas for our coming website.

    Pastor Lance

    ReplyDelete