Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Don't Look Back

One Christmas year as a child, my brothers and I longed to have bikes for Christmas. So we made our list for Santa with the #1 item on the list being a bike. It seemed like it took years for Christmas to come. We waited and waited and waited for Christmas. Well the time had come, we set out cookies and milk for Santa hoping he would bring our bikes through the chimney (well the front door cause we didn't have a chimney).

We went to bed early on Christmas Eve with hopes of waking up seeing our bikes under the tree. We sprung up at 5 am, ran to the tree and there they were our bikes. We didn't care about anything else under the tree at the time just the bikes. We opened the rest of our presents quickly so we could put on clothes to go outside and ride.

We were having a blast riding up and down the street. Then we heard our names being called to come in for breakfast. We kept riding like we didn't hear anything. Then our names were called again and again. The last time our names were called came from Pop so I looked back and right when I turned my head my brother stopped in front of me and I crashed the back of his bike, bent frame, and bent the wheel. We had to carry the bike home. I wrecked my brothers bike because I looked back rather than looking forward.

As we've come to 2013, I want to encourage you to not look back at those things that can cause you crash the destiny that's in front of you. Your tomorrow looks much brighter than your yesterday. Your past may explain you but it doesn't excuse you.

Move forward in Jesus name!

No comments:

Post a Comment