Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's Been a Minute

It's been a while since I've posted anything not because things are going bad but simply been too busy to do so. As a matter of fact, January was real busy and February hasn't slowed up any either.

My new place of employment is really demanding with un-realistic expectations and standards that no one person can ever live up to. It's been a true struggle for me working on this job and doing ministry work. I'm being tested in so manys and if I was to be graded right now...I think I would get an F. Thank God for grading on a curve with grace and mercy. I've been standing my ground to not work so much overtime on this job so that I can be prepared for Sunday worship service and my boss is not liking it at all. My heart, mind, and soul is totally on ministry and don't like juggling the two. But, I have to do what I have to do.

My church is going through yet another transitional period. We have come together with Pastor Reginald Payne and the Full Gospel Baptist Church. No, this is not a merger but two churches coming together in one building to build the Kingdom of God while maintaining our identities a two churches. At first, I was a little overwhelmed because I have a small congregation. The feelings were mutual among the members of First Goodwill as well as Full Gospel sensed our overwhelming feelings. We prayed and things are going pretty good so far. We have a 3-4 month trial period of living together before we really finalize the partnership. The reality is that this is a win-win situation for both churches as well as a test. This could be a good witness to churches, Christians, skeptics, and the world that two churches can come together in one building and work together. But it can also be a bad witness to churches, Christians, skeptics, and Christians if it doesn't work out. I believe it can work out eventhough pastor Payne nor myself have all the answers. So we're praying our way through the process. Combined Wednesday night bible study is wonderful. We have classes for everybody and my son Myles said to me: "Dad, I like this!" That was a plus. The fact that pastor Payne and I alternate on the teaching assignment of the Fundamentals of the Faith is a plus. I like that we don't have the pressure of preparing a lesson every week and we both can be fed the Word of God by one another.

I've finally landed on a new sermon series, Practical Christian Living - A Study of James. Taught through James a couple of years ago in our Wednesday Night Bible Study but I want to preach through this wonderful letter. I start tomorrow with "The Goal Testing Christians" - James 1:2-4. This will be fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Keep us in your prayers and I'll do the same

No comments:

Post a Comment