Monday, December 7, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 12/6/09

What a wonderful day of worship and the word on yesterday. My friends Nathan and Suzanne Young came to minister in song during our morning worship. My God, what a ministry! The tone for worship started at the beginning of service with Lamar Campbell’s worship song; “Love You More Than Anything”. It was a song right on time with this being the last first Sunday of 2009 as well as our sharing the Lord’s Supper. What a privilege to close the year reminding ourselves of the work of Jesus Christ on the cross.

The service was well attended and Deacon and Sis Loud came to worship and it was a joy having them both in worship with us. We’ve been in a short-series of stewardship messages and we continued with a message out of the book of Hebrews:

Topic: A Faith For Life’s Uncertainties
Text: Hebrews 11:8-10

Thesis: A faith for life’s uncertainties is a faith that trusts God when we don’t have all the details.

I. A faith for life’s uncertainties is an obedient faith – v. 8
II. A faith for life’s uncertainties is content faith – v. 9
III. A faith for life’s uncertainties is an expectant faith – v. 10

I enjoyed worshipping and preaching, yesterday. Yesterday was the first time in a long time that I was able to sit back and enjoy worship without leading worship. It also helped that Nathan helped us on the organ as well. I tried my best not to get used to it but I sure did take advantage of it.

I’m now preparing for 2010 and as I look at 2009 I must say, God has been good and has favored our church in so many ways. With all of the challenges we faced this year, God has come through more than I can explain. What a mighty God we serve! Thank you Lord for continued mercies and grace!

Last week was my first week of work. It was challenging because I got use to going to the church. Now, I have to get back into the mood of studying on the go where I can fit it in as well as at times burn the midnight oil. I really can’t complain nor be ungrateful about working right now. I was laid off 9/30/09 and found a job on 11/15/09. I know there are some in the world still looking for a job for over six months (if not longer) but God showed me favor and for that I’m really grateful. So when you read my post and/or status updates on Facebook as to my job venture, please don’t take it as if I’m ungrateful or complaining. I am truly thankful for all that God has done and I accept His Sovereign will for my life during this season of my life. God knows what He’s doing, not I. I’m adjusting to the change.

Until next time live like you’re blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for living Keep Believing on your blogroll. Blessings--and Merry Christmas! Ray Pritchard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww! Its a very cool :)

    Where are you from?

    I'm from Argentina.

    Please, post me!

    Thanks!

    Kiss you, and your family ♥

    ReplyDelete