Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 11/29/09

I’m getting back into the swing of working now.

This past Sunday service was good. God blessed every part of our worship Sunday. I preached a stewardship message entitled; “The Stewardship of Remembering God” – Deut 8. The point the message is to challenge believers to not forget about in good and/or bad times. I can’t remember the points off the top of my head right now.

We had a few guests who came in late but enjoyed what they did hear of the message.

I had to apologize to the church on Sunday because last week in our church conference meeting I made a comment that I feel may have hurt the morale of the church while I was exhorting (no, I was fussing). I commented that people were not giving financial like they should and could in the church and we’re now in a challenging position. I saw the look on their faces but I took it like I should lay into them more. So, I did!

In effort to finish some things before going back to work I created a financial spreadsheet to help with accurate record-keeping. I was only going to enter the first quarter of 2009 until I notice something unusual and encouraging; There’s people giving to the church now, consistently, that was not giving since I’ve been pastor. I started praising God but then my heart sank when I thought about what I said during our church conference. I told them I made a mistake in what I said but the exhortation of stepping up in our financial support still remained the same. Praise God for growth! People really paying attention.

After church, Tracy, the kids, few members, and I went to Deacon Loud’s house to eat the rest of their Thanksgiving dinner. It was good spending time with him and I believe the presence of some of the members really encouraged he and Sis Loud. He’s doing extremely but still a little weak so please keep him in your prayers,

Our women’s ministry held their final fellowship service of the year. The attendance was good and the service good. Tracy did an excellent job this year with our women and I applaud her efforts.

I started work again this week and I have mixed emotions about it. Trust me, I thank God for finding work in a short period of time but my heart, mind, and soul is at (as well as on) the ministry of First Goodwill. Right now is not the time for me to be a burden on the church. I’ve gotten used to going into the office praying and studying. I was just getting into a rhythm but not it’s changed. Mmmmaaaaaaannnnnn!!!!!!

I took the train for the first this week because the commute is going to kill my pocket-book in gas. It was a good experience and I think I will continue as long as I’m working in Culver City.

Please pray for me and my family as we adjusting to having our home broken during the Thanksgiving holiday. Now, I sleep with one eye open even though I know God has me covered.

Until next time live like you’re blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment