Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's Been A While

It's been a while since my last post because I'm still trying to adjust to my new employment assignment which has me with somewhat mixed emotions. I thank God for my job, especially in times like these, but I my heart, mind, and soul was set on full-time ministry. Now, I start as I finished with my last job, tired and stressed. Not a good feeling! I plan to write my own reality blog show entitled; "In the Life of a Bi-Vocational Pastor". It will be raw, real, and relevant. I'm not holding anything back in this blog segment. I believe people need to understand that the life of a bi-vocational is intense with many struggles that most of you reading this do not understand. My purpose in writing this blog reality "In The Life of a Bivocational Pastoring" is to people understand and appreciate their who is in bivocational ministry. My God increase our understanding and appreciation for such a difficult, yet, fulfilling assignment.

Today worship service was good. We had our second ministry partnership trial service that went extremely well for both congregations. I intended to start my 4 part series on Matthew 28:19-20 but did not. So I preached an "ain't alright message (I'll explain later what that means) out of Luke 2:8-15 entitled "We Have Much To Shout About". Our attendance was good and God really showed up in our service.

Friday night had the privilege of spending the evening with my pastor, Bishop R.D Sanders. The dinner was done with excellence as food and fellowship was the order of the day. The conversation gave me much to think about as well as pray about in my own public ministry and private life. Bishop Sanders is proving to be a pastor's pastor and pray that will continue to increase our fellowship and friendship. He and the members of Mt Pilgrim served us crab legs, cornish hen, sirloin steak, wild rice, green beans, and some other meat I'm not familiar with but it was good. Desert was peach cobbler and coffee. The setting was done with excellence! Thank you pastor for such a good time of fellowship.

I won't be attending Palm Springs this year for the Western Baptist State Convention's Congress of Christian Education due to my new employment and limited finances. I will be praying that all goes well for all those in attendance.

Ok, it looks like I will be blogging now on Sundays rather than Mondays but we'll see.

Until next time, may the Lord bless you real good.

1 comment: