Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My 7th Leadership Celebration

This has been a wonderful and well needed moment of encouragement for me, my family, and the church. Words really cannot express how appreciative I am to have shared these services with all of you who participated.

I made a comment during my remarks that is my way of expressing the sovereignty of God in the planning of these services: “Thank you for saying yes and thank you for saying no”. God had who wanted there to be there and we had a good time.

I had one request, “Lord, speak to the members heart with your word!” And believe me, He did just that.

In our first service, Pastor George Hurtt and Mt Sinai came through and blessed us. Pastor Hurtt preached: “What is Truth” – John 18:37-40. The challenge for me as pastor of FGMBC is preach the truth and the truth will prevail. Thank you pastor Hurtt. It was so good seeing the members of Mt Sinai and the new faces God has blessed them with. Keep impacting the kingdom of God.

In our second service, Pastor Kevin Stafford and Zion Baptist Evangelistic Temple and Pastor Michael Albert and Mt Aaron Church blessed us with their presence. Pastor Kevin Stafford preached: “Act Like You Know” – Psalms 46:10. The challenge to me as pastor is to trust the sovereignty of God and power of God. Thank you, pastor Stafford. Pastor Albert lit us up with words of encouragement. Thank you, pastor.

In our third service, Living Gospel Church blessed us with their presence as Bishop Jones, pastor Jones, and pastor Green ministered to the church in a powerful way. Pastor Jones preached, with simplicity, “Preach the Word” - 2 Timothy 4:2. Powerful message and the challenge was set in the opening phrase of the text, “Preach the Word”. Thank you pastor E.A Jones

Friday, I picked Pastor Lance Mann from the airport and we went to a soul food restaurant named Flossy’s, excellent food. Lance thought I was going to be standing at 6’5” because I refer to myself has baby Jordan so much. I told him I’m big man in a little body. My mother-in-law got on me because I wasn’t in a suit and tie but in shorts and a t-shirt. I wanted to be comfortable.

Our musical Friday night was a blessing! I invited ministries that have blessed me over the years of my ministry as pastor. Atone and Team Jesus, Jamelle Jones and Freed, One Voice, and Shervonne Wells (formerly of the Kurt Carr singers) blessed us in tremendous way. The highlight for me was having my big sister, Shervonne Wells with us. She is a blessing to the body of Christ and I am so glad she came to minister. She needed to catch a plane to Memphis early Saturday morning so cut her off. But truth be told, I could have listened to her sing all night long. One Voice is an awesome group of young adult who led us in a worship experience like no other. Jamelle Jones and Freed blessed with a song Minister Jones wrote: “Rain on Us”. He’s a gift to gospel music. Atone and Team Jesus is charismatic group with a lot of energy. We had a wonderful time and I thank God for everyone who participated in the musical.

Saturday was the highlight of the entire weekend during our Pastor’s fellowship breakfast. The following pastors were in attendance: Pastor Reginald Payne, Pastor Keith Green, Pastor Ronald Saunders, Pastor Lance Mann, Pastor Al Johnson and his father, Pastor Barry Severe, Pastor W Charles Harris, Pastor F D Harris, and Pastor Anthony Thompson. The food and fellowship was excellent. Thank to my mom and Sadie for all that you did for us. After breakfast; pastor Harris, pastor Thompson, pastor Saunders, pastor Mann, pastor Sever, and myself went into my office and ministered to one another for six (6) hours. We didn’t gossip about other ministries or pastors, we ministered to one another. What a blessing! Something I needed desperately. These pastors started opening up about ministerial struggles that I pray and hope that those in attendance will keep to themselves. Afterwards we spent some time in prayer. What a blessing!

Later that night, we had a live recording with Pastor Theo Wilkins and Sounds of Praise. If this CD does not make the top 10 list for gospel music I will be very disappointed. The music was outstanding!

Sunday morning Pastor Lance Mann killed us with “When Life Makes No Sense” – Proverbs 3:5-6. What can I say? Pastor Mann is a gifted preacher and singer who loves God, the church, and ministry. The church received him well and my family, the kids, started calling him uncle Lance. I thank God for our friendship. This is my first time hosting an out of town guest and I hope that I’ve done well to make his stay enjoyable as well as memorable. After service the members prepared dinner before the next service and we hung out my office joking around. I think pastor Mann is an undercover comedian because he had laughing like crazy. So much so, that my kids didn’t want to get out my office. I pray God richly blesses his ministry in Newark, NJ.

In the afternoon service Full Gospel and Pastor Payne, Bishop R.D Sanders and Mt Pilgrim, and Pastor Barry Severe and Cathedral of Praise were our guest churches. What a blessing! We also had a special treat because Daniel Johnson of Israel and New Breed led praise worship with Full Gospel. This young man is gifted praise and worship leader.

My pastor, Bishop R.D Sanders and Mt Pilgrim came through in a big way. Bishop murdered us with “How to get your needs met” – Philippians 4:19. Expository masterpiece! For the last year, I prayed for direction for a pastor. There were three (3) guys he placed on my heart and Bishop Sanders was one of them. The other is dear friend that I respect, admire, and enjoy our friendship. I didn’t want anything to potentially ruining our friendship mixing pastor and friendship together. I met with Bishop Sanders two (2) months ago to discuss my decision and desire and he graciously consented. The church has received me well and I look forward to what the future fellowships with Mt Pilgrim. I respect him and he respects me and my family.

After church, Lance wanted Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles so we took him there for dinner.

I can sum up my leadership celebration in one word, AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Clinton Smith, this was without question, one of the most memorable experiences that I have ever had. Everything was done excellently. So much so that I don't feel like I deserved the hospitality that you showed me. Your kids are my nieces and nephews for real. I am always gonna be Uncle Lance to them (LOL). God bless your ministry my brother!

    Lance

    ReplyDelete