Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 1/11/09

Yesterday was a good, until....

Our worship service extremely wonderful yesterday. The Lord used me to preach from Genesis 17:1 - "Our God Is Sufficeint" (I'll post outline later). I preached in an annual prayer bowl service at First Missionary Baptist Church in he afternoon. I was little irritated because they wanted to put me on a time schedule of 15 minutes after guys before me were 30 plus minutes. I preached the same message but chopped it off and sat down. The congregation and pastors wanted me to continue but my spirit was not right so stayed in my seat even though I really wanted to finish the message.

I went to a farewell service for Bishop D.L. Jones of Living Gospel Church down the street from our church after the prayer bowl. We formed a meaningful relationship a few years ago and sitting at his feet obtaining godly wisdom for ministry and family has truly been a blessing to me.

Then, I got a call right after church from my mother that my stepfather passed. I was in church yesterday morning and he was just as happy as he could be. Yet, the whole time I was preaching, I could not take my eyes off him. I don't know what to make of it.

I know he's in a better place but it's hard right now. Please keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Clinton, I am praying for your mother and your entire family. We believe that to be absent of the body is to be present with the Master. Be the priest of your family my brother and God will bless you greatly.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message, GOD is sufficeint.

    My deepest condolence, be strong.

    GOD Bless~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor Clinton, You and your family will certainly be in my prayers. May God's love and comfort surround you during this time of bereavement.

    My deepest condolence.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete