Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Been A Long Week

This has been one tough week for my family and I. We've been preparing for the funeral service which will be held Tuesday, January 20th at 9 am at Inglewood Mortuary Chapel. I'm schedule to officiate but I've asked some local pastor friends to handle the service so I can just preach and sit down. I canceled bible study tonight to rest plus my boss is out for the next 2-3 months because of an operation (This is the downside to having a 2 person department) so all responsibilities fall on my shoulders. My plan is to take next Monday, Tuesday, and possibly Wednesday off for bereavement. So I'm trying to get some things done in the next couple of days until I return back to work.

Tracy, Aysia, and Myles are doing good. We were remembering the time God allowed us to spend with "Pop" last night and things got silent with tears. We got a long road ahead of us. But, God is our comforter.

I'm preparing my message for this coming Sunday, "God Sees You" from Genesis 16 (An on time message I think).

This is weekend is going to be extremely busy with family coming from out of town, preparation for this coming Lord's day worship, our Dedication Service is at 3 pm, and we have a late night celebration for MLK's B-Day. I was scheduled to preach for Pastor Curtis Monroe of Redeemer Baptist Church in here the city this coming Sunday at 8 am for his pastor's anniversary prayer breakfast but it was canceled and for that I'm grateful.

We're still waiting for Edision to install transformer to complete electrical upgrade. Geeesh!

Last Sat. was our 1st women's ministry fellowship. It was a good turnout and the women were blessed as well as encouraged. Tracy did an outstanding planning and preparing for the meeting while setting a standard of excellence too. So I'm looking forward to the fruit that will come from this ministry.

Ok, lunch is over and I got to get back to work. See ya later, man down!

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you my brother. Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it has been a long week and by the look of things you have yet a lot more to face and do. My prayers are continuous for you and your family. God is able especially in times like these. So, don't forget..."God Sees You"

    Take care,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Clint my prayers are with you and your family.

    Tony Rhone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pastor Smith you and your family are in my prayers.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete