Monday, December 8, 2008

Our New Sanctuary























For whatever reason these pictures came out extremely yellow and I can't work picture format too good. But this is our new sanctuary!
Our first service yesterday was rather emotional for me. I think I overworked myself last week trying hold in my emotions as things were coming together. I did a pretty good until our slide presentation and then I went into our bathroom after it started playing and let everything I could out before going back into the sanctuary to preach. I had one prayer befor preaching yesterday, "Lord, hold me up to preach!"
I preached 1 Thessalonians 5:24 "He who calls you is faithful, and He will do it."
Topic: Faithful is Our God
Thesis: God can be trusted!
Here are three (3) why we can trust God:
1. He's faithful to His Person
The faithful of God is evident in the three (3) tenses of life:
A. God has been Faithful
B. God is faithful
c. God will be faithful
2. He's faithful to His People
-God will keep you when you can't keep yourself.
- God will finish what He started in you
3. He's faithful to His Promises - "He will do it!"
God never makes promises he can't keep.

The Lord answer my prayer to hold me up and let me preach. Wow, what a first service! Pastor Robert Calvary from Praise Chapel Church lead us in a powerful prayer moment that we so needed as a church. My, my, my!
After our morning worship we had a reception and viewing period. And I extended myself for moment of what I called "A Tour With the Pastor". I did this to share vision people who visited that did not have a church home and/or was unsaved. Pastor Payne and Full Gospel church came by yesterday before going to another service. Some old members of FGMBC came by and was amazed at the outcome of the renovation. Truth be told I'm still amazed.
The afternoon service was a little long but great. Many of the members were tired because they worked from sun up to sun down Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I am so grateful! Tracy and the kids (moreso Tracy) will gave 150% to help make sure everything went well. I owe her a night on the town. Carmen and the crew, GMWA Youth Choir, Comedian Bishop Billy Bob, Sister Nadine, and others did a wonderful job minister in song and laughter. My favorite choir is GMWA Youth Choir these young people can sang!
We had our service video taped and will make it available for a small donation after editing.
I need to get back to work, MAN DOWN!









































8 comments:

  1. Clinton, words cannot express my happiness and joy that I feel for what the Lord has done for you and the church. Your church design is eerily similar to what our architect has designed for our building. I am praying for a great explosion of new believers to come and sit at the feet of a great man of God. EXCITING TIME!!!

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! Praise God for this project coming to pass! I am so excited for you and the ministry!!

    By the way, Great Outline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor Smith,

    This is major stuff my friend. The sanctuary photos are exceptional and the outline is remarkable. God bless your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pastor Smith,

    Beautiful edifice.


    GOD Bless~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding! It honors our heavenly Father when the saints expresses pride, repect and beauty for the house of God. What a beautiful place for worship. I became emotional as I read your post. My heart leaped for joy for you and the church family as I could likewise attest to your sermon outline. God is so good.

    Thank you for allowing us to journey with you to victory. Be blessed.

    Mother

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man,Smith the sanctuary and kitchen looks great.I know the people are excited about the work that was done.Great outline, man you better stop preaching like that! They are going to mess up the new furniture.



    BAW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Pastor Smith, beautiful sanctuary and dining area/kitchen. The Lord has surely been good to you I join in with you and your congregation in praising our God for His goodness Amen.

    NLT 1 Chronicles 16:29 Give to the LORD the glory he deserves! Bring your offering and come to worship him. Worship the LORD in all his holy splendor.

    NLT Psalm 27:4 The one thing I ask of the LORD-- the thing I seek most-- is to live in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD's perfections and meditating in his Temple.

    Celebrating with you,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smith,

    I am completely blown away!!! This is off the chain my brother! I am so exited for you and your congregation.

    I believe that this is only the beginning, this is your season.

    Grace & Peace multiplied,

    DeAntwan

    ReplyDelete