Wednesday, November 1, 2017

MY 50th BIRTHDAY



The day had finally come where I celebrated 50yrs here on earth. I didn’t think I would be that emotional about reaching this age. But when I look back over my life, here’s how I summarize it…

I’ve been through the storm and rain but I made it

You ask me how? ‘I don’t know’ but I made it!

I’ve had so many ups and down.

I know how it feels to be knocked to the ground.

Thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, I made It!

The mountains been a little too high!

My friends have made me cry but I made it!

I shed so many tears.

There were times I wish I wasn’t here!

Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus, I made It!

I didn’t know my day from night!

I didn’t believe things were going to be alright!

I told the Lord to send some help.

I didn’t want to be in this world all by myself.

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, I made it!

All of my loved ones they got tired of me but I still made it.

I took my Master’s hand and I joined the Holy Ghost band!

Hallelujah, Hallelujah I made it!

(Disclaimer: I don’t own the rights to this poetic song. Written by Gregory Perkins Bowen)

 

In this blog I don’t feel compelled to be transparent and share my 50year life story. My story has already been written and still in writing each day as I wake up and start a new day.

 

I just thank God I made it in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment