Monday, May 17, 2010

Hey Ya'll

I've been a away for a minute, it's been extremely busy over the past few weeks. As a brief catch up on things:

Everything at the church is going well. We still have our challenges but God has been gracious and kind to us. We've seen some new guest at least every other week which is good. Our church implemented, Membership Partners which is the care ministry of our church. Each member in the church is assigned a fellow member who has not been to church in a while to call on, pray for, chat with, and build a relationship. So on mother's day, they asked they're partners to come to church which had a positive result. We celebrated their presence by giving them small tokens as well as Tracy gave away baskets by drawing names. It was a good day!

I've been struggling for past few weeks with me sermon series in James. I love the letter of James but there has been so many interruptions in my study time that I've been getting started too late in the week which is bad for me. I don't think that quick like I used to. But our study has been very helpful to the church. I will continue to press through.

Yesterday, Rev Larry Harold of the California Southern Baptist came to worship with us. I've been considering becoming a part convention work and doing some research on conventions in the area. Thank you. Rev Harold for joining us on yesterday. Our attendance was of because of some stupid carnival that had our street blocked off all weekend. I don't get involved in political stuff but I think I will to keep the carnival from happening next year. Too much hassle this year in more ways than I care to discuss. Giving back to the community is not what its designed to do.

Saturday, we held a movie screening at the church of which I played a role as Pastor Evans in a short film entitled: "Heads or Tails" written/produced by Raenelle Jones. The attendance was off due to the carnival but it was positive feedback about the film and the actor's chemistry. DVDs are available for $10. Contact our church office for your copy.

Well, gotta go but will talk to you soon. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment