Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sunday Thoughts - 1/10/10

What a wonderful worship service on this past Sunday. God came through First Goodwill church and took control. I had everything planned out but God changed that and did what He wanted to do. One of the most refereshing and powerful reflections of Sunday was Deacon Loud's prayer of thanksgiving. For, I know, the past 6 months he's been in and out of the hospital and there a few times we thought we loss him but God spared his life.

Sunday, he prayed a simple yet powerful prayer of thanksgiving, thanking God for the simple things in life. I mean he said his prayers. When he finished the church and myself was done and burst into jubilant praise for about 10-15 minutes un-controllably. Reading this you may not understand why but for our church he's our answered prayer. He's walking with strength. He's breathing on his own. He's gaining his strength slowly but surely. Praise God for answering prayer!

I continued our study on Matthew 28:18-20 with our focus on v 19b: "...baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit..." I will post sermon outline later today.

After church I came home, ate and crashed. I was so tired! Friday night we celebrated with Pastor Barry Severe as he turned 50 years old. The party was extremely nice and so much fun. One segment of entertainment that had me on the floor was the rendition of the World Class Wrecking Crew and this one guy was killing with his performance, it was so funny. Happy B-Day brother!

Saturday, I helped my mother move out of the house and when we finished at 8 pm everything on my body was hurting.

It was long yet good weekend. On yesterday, I went to the Minister's conference to hear my Pastor R.D Sanders preach. His text was Luke 15:25-31: "An Empty Seat". He walked that text.

I will do better at posting but this new job has my schedule all off. But until next time be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Clinton, praise God for the report of your deacon. I remember him being sick when I was out there in November. Barry Severe is OLD!!!! LOL!! I know that World Class Wrecking Crew was a sight to behold.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete