Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 4/26/09

Good day of worship, yesterday! I didn’t preach…lol

Nah, for real, I took another week off to seek God for direction on our study plan for Wednesday night Bible study and to rest from the pulpit. So my friend, Pastor Anthony Thompson from MT Sinai Church preached for me yesterday from Joshua 1:10-18 “Fight for Possession”. It was a sermon on evangelism…wow! He did an excellent job challenging the members of our church to be mobilized to evangelize. Great exhortation! Thank you, sir.

In our Wednesday Night Bible Study starting May 13th, we will go through a six (6) course entitled; “Becoming a Contagious Christian”. Here’s a brief description of lesson plan:




Freshly revised and updated! Featuring new footage from Bill Hybels and Mark Mittelberg---with appearances by fellow apologist and best-selling author Lee Strobel---this 6-session course equips you to effectively share the gospel in a way that "fits" the unique personality God gave you. Set includes leader's guide, participant's guide, two DVDs, PowerPoint CD-ROM, and softcover book.

I hope it comes this week so I can start preparing myself with material. I plan to tape it as well and make CDs available for members who don’t and/or cannot attend. However, it is a requirement for our leaders/workers to attend all lessons. No exceptions!

This week (as normal) will be busy with work, family, and church stuff. I have a number of administrative things to do at the church that requires immediate attention. So please pray for me as I try my best to carry out God’s work.

Peace and blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Clinton, I totally believe that the leaders and members of the First Goodwill Church will be blessed and helped by this teaching series.

    Keep pressing and watch God give great increase both spiritually and evangelistically (I made up that word LOL).

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Contagious Christians" now that's what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete