Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunday Thoughts - 3/22/09

What a good day yesterday! God has renewed my fire and passion for preaching all over again. It’s been a struggle over the past few weeks and I wasn’t sure why it was. I think it was my defeat in understanding my study of Adonai because I’ve never, in my ministry, struggled with a text like this before where it has caused me to abandoned it and preach something else.

After my post on Thursday, I still tried to study and develop thoughts on Adonai, I took it as a challenge, but I lost. So, now I’ve resolved to commit Adonai to a personal development study for myself but not for preaching or teaching.

So yesterday I preached:

Topic: Appreciating God’s Blessings
Text: James 1:17

Thesis: You are blessed believe it or not.

The text teaches us two (2) important reminders of God’s blessings to aide us in our appreciation of God’s blessings.

God’s Blessings are Sufficient – “Every good and perfect gift comes from above…”

Point: God is good all the time!

God is good all the time in Salvation - Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),…Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God.”

God is good all the time in Sanctification - Tts 3:3-5 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

God is good all the time in our Security - 1Jo 5:11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

Conclusion: God is good to us with blessings that last a life-time.

Eph 1:3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ,


God is the Source of all Blessings – “and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.”

Paternal Source of Blessings – “..and comes down from the Father…”

Pure Source of Blessings – “…and comes down from the Father of lights…”

Protected Source of Blessings – “…whom there is no variation or shadow of turning…”

The nest was cast but none came in.

Last night I preached in a revival in Pomona, Ca for Pastor Terry Johns for the 1st time. For the last 20 years they have a 30 day revival (Sunday – Friday) in the month of March. What a worship experience! The young people of the church are on fire for the Lord and loves the Word of God. I preached “Strength for Weary” from Isaiah 40:28-31. The church was very receptive to the presentation of the Gospel and many responded in faith during the invitation. God be Praised!

This week is going to be pretty busy with work, our quarterly church conference, sermon preparation on El Elyon-God Most High, Aysia’s track meet(s), preparation for Resurrection Sunday, and so much more. God has not failed me yet in giving me strength to handle all my responsibilities and He won’t let me down this week either.

That’s it that’s all, see ya later.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Clinton, it is true, you are somebody's preacher. Thanks for reminding us that indeed, every good and perfect gift comes from the Lord.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message. was glad you had a wonderful Lord's day. I will be prayerful as God remains faithful in strengthening you for your endeavors. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete