Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"PLANTING SEED"

It's amazing how when you get bombed in ministry that God sends little nuggets of hope to stay in the fight. My brothers and I play in basketball league every Monday together with other family members and friends.

Each week we all meet at my brother's house to ride together before going to the game. It allows us the opportunity to hang out and chat to keep our closeness. But something unusual has been happening for the last two weeks that I really have not been paying attention to until this morning when I woke up.

Last week when I got to his house, my sister-in-law, spent an hour downstairs talking to me about the church and trying to understand the mechanics of church structure. She doesn't normally do that. When we come in she says hello and goes upstairs to her room. No dislike among any of us but she let's have our space being brothers. This is also a blessing because she grow up with a Catholic background. But it seems as if her interest in Christianity is increasing more and more each day. I caught onto our discussion pretty quick and turned from discussion church mechanics to Christian discipleship. We didn't get to finish our conversation because we had to leave for our game.

Last night as usual, we met at my brothers house to go to the game. When we got in the car, our conversation changed from the usual non-sense that the two of them talk about to my brother expressing a desire to change his ways. He was extremely excited about our last Family N Friends day and has been telling everybody he can think of about the next one. All the way to the game and even arriving to the game, he really opened up to me with some very intimate questions about change. I caught on to what was going on and started sharing Christian discipleship. In our shoot around, he kept talking as if it was nobody in the building but he and I.

I've been praying extremely hard for the last few years about my siblings salvation. I was the church boy in the family, they went to church because my mother made them go to church, and they stayed home most of the time when they got older.

I believe my prayers are being answered in many ways as it relates to planting seeds of Christian discipleship to my siblings. I'm asking you my blogging family to join me in prayer for their salvation.

God honors faithfulness not just in the pulpit but also in our efforts of evangelism. I'm learning that.

Stay blessed until next time,

3 comments:

  1. I can identify with this post very intensely. It is my desire that a sibling of mine come back into the fold. He is as good as gold and supports his wife in all aspects of her committed and faithfulness, every Sunday, church going membership. But, she and I are concerned about his salvation. I have no doubt that he believes, but faith without works is dead. Thank you for sharing and allowing me to vent my two cents. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clinton, it is clear that God not only made you the priest of your church, but he also made you the priest of your family.

    I do believe that it is through your lifestyle that the lives of your brothers and their families are going to experience real change.

    I will keep your entire family lifted up in prayer, and know that you indeed are the priest!

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!! God truly honors faithfulness. Servant, well done!

    ReplyDelete