Monday, February 23, 2009

Sunday Thought - 2/22/09

I must admit yesterday was a good day, especially, after having such a discouraging day last week. Praise God for His faithfulness.

Yesterday we celebrated "Family and Friends" in our morning service. I was encouraged because there was an evangelistic appearance in our service that really made me excited and proud of the members of FGMBC. Many of our guest were people who are not saved and/or not committed to any church. I challenged our church at the beginning of this year that we're not in business of sheep stealing. That's not what God called us to and that's not what we're going to do. Los Angeles has more than enough sinners (lost people) for every church. That's who we're going after.

So, I was presently surprised and thankful that many of our guest fit the category of lost people in Los Angeles. Praise God!

We have a standard rule that every guest should be greeted three time before finding a seat in the sanctuary. One by our Greeters ministry, one Doorkeepers ministry, and one member. Anything less than 3 is unacceptable.

The service was good but still a little cold in the building. We got a temporary electrical hook-up while the contractor works out details for upgrade with Edison. Needless to say, I thought I turned the heater but it was AC...GRRRRRRRR! But it warmed up mid-way thru the service.

I'm still preaching our series "The God of Our Trust" looking at the names of God. So yesterday we preached:

Topic: Trusting the God Who Will Provide
Text: Genesis 22:1-14

I'll post the outline later this week. But this text was difficult to formulate thoughts because one of the best sermons I heard preached on the text was by Pastor Maurice Watson entitled "It's Only A Test". Not to mention Pastor Charles and so many others. And as I was studying the text, of course, their sermons thoughts kept coming to mind. So, I had to fight the temptation to steal their information. God helped me to pull it out. Thank You Lord!

After service, we prepared a light dinner for our guest. Just some fried chicken, seasoned rice, corn, greens with potatoes, corn bread, salad, punch, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Nothing big but it was goooooooooood!

I went home and relaxed watching MTV's Scarred, NBA, and then the Oscars. I was a little disappointed because I wanted Taraji P Henson to win. She always a ghetto roll so it was good to see her do something different and be good at it.

Today, starts a long week but God is able.

That's it, that's all.
Man Down.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day pastor.

    Praise God for creative ways to fill the net!

    Ronald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great day Clinton. I am certain that the Lord really blessed the church through your faithfulness to him. God be praised.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soundds like a great day!

    Keep the Faith
    Spoon

    ReplyDelete