Monday, April 9, 2012

Resurrection Sunday Review

What a wonderful resurrection weekend experience!

It started Friday night, I had the privilege of preaching in a Good Friday service with my brother Pastor Raymond Chandler of The St Thomas Baptist Church. He doesn't do the traditional 7 Last Sayings on the Cross. Instead, he takes bits and pieces of week leading to the cross and gives us an assignment to speak on a specific event.

This year I had the two thieves which I titled: What Mean These Thieves - Luke 23

Thesis statement: These two thieves hanging represent two groups of people in our society.

1). The Spiritually Selfish - the first thief represents an selfish spirit relating to repentance. He's not concerned with what Jesus can truly bring to his life. Instead, he joins in on the mockery and says; "Save Yourself and us!"

2). The Spiritually Sincere - The second thief tells the first thief: "Shut up! Don't you know who you're talking to. We deserve our punishment but this man has done no wrong!" This second thief represents the repentant heart who recognizes that Jesus can give him true forgiveness. So he says: "Lord, when u come into your kingdom, remember me!

3). Sufficient Resource - Jesus is hanging in the middle praying; "Father, forgive them for they don't know what they are doing!" If anybody can a prayer through its Jesus. Not only that but while hanging on the cross He still sufficient power to forgive sins. He says to the second thief: "Today, you will be with Me in paradise." what a blessing!

Sunday was an awesome day of celebration with one service at 6
am. We got out of church at 8:30 and had the rest of the day to do nothing. Loved it.

I look forward to Resurrection Day in 2013 where prayerfully and hopefully I can share my Passion Week preaching series looking at the week long events leading to Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection.

I watched the return of Derrick Rose with my Chicago Bulls team. He was definitely rusty after being out for so long but they played well inspire of it.

I cooked baked chicken, rice, green beans/potatoes, Pozole, and white beans. The Pozole was for my lunch.

I played some BB. We went 4-6 for the day. Soar then and still soar now.

Until next be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment