Monday, June 13, 2011

New Scripture Memorization/Devotional Plan

Have you ever struggled with scripture memorization or finding a realistic scripture reading plan?

I will be honest I struggled with memorizing scripture as well as with a realistic plan for my scriptural devotional reading with all the demands life has for me.

Well, with God’s help and technology, I’ve discovered an easy way to memorize scripture and develop a plan for my scripture devotional reading that’s been working pretty well for me so far.

I use my Microsoft Outlook to assist me in the area of personal development with scripture reading and memorization…

The changing of my password during login helps with my plan. At work, we are required to change our password every six (6) weeks. I’ve been using the Psalms as my password beginning with Psalms 1 and each time I change it goes from Psalms 1, to Psalms 2, and so forth.

Once I change my password, I then schedule my reading in Microsoft Outlook Calendar by placing Psalms passage in the body of my calendar. I then set a scheduled reminder for each day for the next six (6) weeks with a time that is usually in the early AM (like 6 am). I do this so that no matter what time I log onto my computer, a reminder notice will pop up of my need to read the scripture selected as my password.

By doing this, I’ve conquered two (2) birds with one stone (so to speak). I have plan for reading and memorizing scripture using the one thing we all use the most these days the computer.

If I can’t remember a passage of scripture in six (6) weeks no matter how long the passage maybe then there’s another problem. Also, it helps me to take small bites for a sense of achievement rather than a large amount that usually cause feelings of failure when I don’t complete my commitment.

Try it, it just may help you and let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment