Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Be Still...

“Be still and know that I am God.” This has been my intention over the past two (2) weeks, “Be still…”

While this is a challenge for me because I work it is a necessity for me as it relates to my ministry…publically and privately. I try my best to hear from God and sometimes for me it’s best that I go into a shell mode or as Jesus declares in Matthew 6…”go to your secret closet”. The time has been very enriching. There have been challenges along the way that tried to get me out of my “Be still…” moment. Nevertheless the time has been extremely wonderful for me.

Over the past two (2) weeks I’ve read 2 books, “Rediscovering Pastoral Ministry” By John McArthur and “Character Forged from Conflict” by Gary D Preston. Rediscovering Pastoral Ministry is a re-read for me so I read what I thought was needed information. However, “Character Forged from Conflict was a must read for me and I’m glad I read it. I started a new book this week entitled: “Being Holy, Being Human” by Jay Kesler. The thesis of the book is on being transparent without being hypocritical as Christians. I’ve read the introduction and chapter 1, so far so good. Another must read.

I’ve also used this time to spend with the family. For the first time in years, Tracy and I rode our bikes to El Torito for brunch. Good time of eating and talking with Tracy something we haven’t done in a minute. We ate so much that riding back home was a BIG challenge. But we made it home. We tried to train our puppy cocker spaniel (Rocky) to go outside without running crazy in the streets after cats. However, that joker did what we thought he would do run down the street after cats. It was short lived as he got tired and just wanted to lay around afterwards. But it was cool, watching Tracy do her HGTV thing in the rose garden, Aysia on the phone sitting on the back of the truck, Myles playing football (or something in the street), and me running in/out the house watching Cooley High (my favorite movie).

Later that evening Kari and lil Jimmy met us at Blizz for frozen yogurt Sunday. Then they played a Operations game while I watched my Bulls struggle playing the Heat. They had no answers for Chris Bosh. He did whatever he wanted to do. And then, lil Jimmy beat me in Michael Jackson’s dance game to “Billy Jean”. He knew all the moves. So, later Sunday night I practiced so he won’t beat me again. It’s on lil boy! See you on the dance floor!...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment