Sunday, April 4, 2010

Resurrection Sunday

What a wonderful weekend of worship celebrating the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord.

Friday night, Tracy spoke for the first time in a Good Friday service on the seven last sayings. It was a service given by my friend Lamont Bradley of Lord B4 Us Productions featuring first ladys in our church community. It was a good service just long. Tracy did a good job explaining "thou shall be with me in paradise". And I didn't help her with it! Great job!

Saturday a few of us met for prayer and evangelism to pass out fliers promoting our services on Resurrection Sunday. I had one rejection from a lady who would not accept my flier. But she was the first out of the 100 I passed out. Good seed planted in the community.

Saturday night I came home to make some jambalaya and watch the NCAA tournament as well as the Jones vs Hopkins fight. My commentary, I like Butlers chances in the NCAA finals but I think Duke will be too much for them. As far as the fight goes, I was disappointed with both fighters. Hopkins was a cry baby in the fight. He's a dirty fighter so why should he complain about getting in the back of the head and he was hit on the red belt line and didn't need 5 minutes. Bottom-line: DISAPPOINTED!

We offered 3 services for Resurrection Sunday, 6, 9, and 11:15 am. Pastor Robert Calvary of Praise Chapel preached at our 6 am service and set the tone for the rest of the services. Thank you pastor Calvary. Pastor Payne preached the 9 am service. What a blessing, thank you pastor Payne. I preached the 11 am service from Luke 23:50-56: "The Significance of the Tomb of Jesus". Major point: Christ needed a proper burial in order to have a great resurrection.

All services were well attended!

After service I came home, ate, and went to sleep. There was a 7.1 earthquake off the coast of Baha, Ca but I didn't feel it because I was in a deep sleep.

I watched the Trumpets Award today and I'm so glad that Franky Beverly and Maze finally received their due reward. 40 years without a Grammy, Soul Music Award, or anything...WOW! It's about time they received some kind of recognition. If you have not figured it out yet, I'm a fan for life and it won't change.

I'm going for the underdog, Butler in the NCAA finals! Go Butler.

No comments:

Post a Comment